The Dark Mod Forums

A trivial solution for multiple quicksaves/loads...

lost_soul

I just wanted to share that there are console commands "savegame" and "loadgame". We can save a game called "john" by typing "savegame john" into the console, and load it by typing "loadgame john". This could be useful for anyone who experiences savegame related crashes. Now you don't have to go through the hassle of using the menu to save or load that other game!

We can bind the f2/f3 keys to extra saves and f10/f11 to load them.

"bind f2 savegame slot_2"

"bind f3 savegame slot_3"

"bind f10 loadgame slot_2"

"bind f11 loadgame slot_3"

Sorry if this information is already known.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

http://modetwo.net/d...-bug- destroyer/

There are several solutions, I use this one: (need to create saveload.cfg in DarkMod-folder)

// f4 cycles between saving to 3 files
set save1 "savegame QuickSave1; set savebind vstr save2; set loadbind vstr load1"
set save2 "savegame QuickSave2; set savebind vstr save3; set loadbind vstr load2"
set save3 "savegame QuickSave3; set savebind vstr save1; set loadbind vstr load3"
set savebind vstr save1
bind f4 "vstr savebind"

// f9 cycles between loading from 3 files
set load1 "loadgame QuickSave1"
set load2 "loadgame QuickSave2"
set load3 "loadgame QuickSave3"
set loadbind vstr load1
bind f9 "vstr loadbind"

You have to add exec saveload.cfg to autoexec.cfg.

This way you will have three different quicksaves, and the new load-key quickloads the last made quicksave, but you can also cycle through the saves.

Only (little) problem now is then you quit and return to the game the last made saves are not recognized, so the cycle begins with quicksave1 again.

It would be a cool feature for Dominoids program that it renames all the saves in the right order, so that the last made save is renamed to QuickSave3, the first made save into QuickSave1 and so on...

But this Slot-save-naming-solution is nice too, I always like to make Slot-Saves on special areas, but am most of the time to lazy to go into the menu... :rolleyes:

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more