The Dark Mod Forums

Door stop and no damage ground

Garreth

Hey i am back, i am still working on the RE mansion but in little bits, the rest is comming nicely together, propably something for christmass ;)

and i have some nice new views brushed out.

Now i needed to create some flying pullback effect, so i made a container one side open and made it a door, that picks the player off the ground and takes him to another place where he drops on a platform that is not killing him, if i jump on the container the animation stops.

Edited by Garreth

Taf you, you taffin taffer

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by "flying pullback effect". But on movers, there is a spawnarg called "stop_when_blocked". If you want damage to occur when it's blocked, you can add the "damage" spawnarg.

Could you explain a little more what you're thinking of doing? Drawings, screenshots?

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

I fixed it with patches and made the door move a little faster so jumping is not stopping the door. Il make a video of it and post it back here

Now i have another problem i imported a map in a map removed some patches and got this,

46 tris after final t junction fixing

----- FixGlobalTjunctions -----

removed 6 degenerate triangles

removed 10 degenerate triangles

WARNING: Couldn't load image: models/md5/props/gfclock/gfclock_local

WARNING: Couldn't load image: models/md5/props/gfclock/gfclock_local

removed 16 degenerate triangles

removed 30 degenerate triangles

removed 28 degenerate triangles

removed 23 degenerate triangles

removed 56 degenerate triangles

removed 68 degenerate triangles

WARNING: Couldn't load image: models/darkmod/props/textures/large_leaf_s

removed 199 degenerate triangles

removed 112 degenerate triangles

removed 16 degenerate triangles

removed 22 degenerate triangles

removed 22 degenerate triangles

removed 192 degenerate triangles

removed 36 degenerate triangles

removed 36 degenerate triangles

removed 32 degenerate triangles

removed 128 degenerate triangles

removed 2488 degenerate triangles

--------- Game Map Shutdown ----------

ModelGenerator memory: No LOD entries.

--------------------------------------

Shutting down sound hardware

idRenderSystem::Shutdown()

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem

...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success

...deleting GL context: success

...releasing DC: success

...destroying window

...shutting down QGL

...unloading OpenGL DLL

------------ Game Shutdown -----------

--------- Game Map Shutdown ----------

Shutdown event system

malloc failure for 29669636

Your map compile is eating too much RAM.

You will need to apply the 4GB patch to your Doom3.exe

See the last entry in the dmap wiki:

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Dmap

Alternately, you can set some of your decorative geometry that is "not accessible to the player\non-mantle" to:

noclipmodel 1

to attempt to shave off some RAM usage.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Yeah that did not work, i have a 32 bit os and 2 gb ram, but i made a way to recut the map and split it in 2 maps, they where all built in seperate skyboxes anyway. i have enough material for 4 maps now .. now i work to finish the 1st, and the skoop door thing video i promised is here

this will be in the beginning of the 2nd map where is nocked out after a fall, he falls trough a dark funnel leap of faith and he is outcold, then he gets thrown back by the mirror into reality at the bottom of the pit. Edited by Garreth

LOD (Level of Detail)

The old system with only two levels (object visible and invisible) has been totally rewritten, and features now 7 levels, fade in and fade out distances and can set different models, skins and noshadows on every LOD stage. See here for more information.

The new entity generator system has been renamed, and a lot of bugs have been fixed and new features added. The system should now be tested by mappers, please see SEED for more details.

Players and mappers can select the Object detail in the menu now.

this is what is giving me my problem now, also the spiked club gives me an error, even though i did not use or placed it.

Where can i get a previous version of TDM?

The SEED\LOD systems are not necessarily a problem if you are seeing "ModelGenerator memory: No LOD entries." errors. Those are just warnings and have no effect on the behavior of your mission. You will only encounter problems if you spawn SEED entities incorrectly or improperly specify LOD values in LOD entities. Since you don't appear to be using those, that is not your issue.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I cutted up my map and now i will finist part one without working on other pieces, it has been 2 years of messing around and always wanting more, it works smooth now, especialy after deleting 2 smoke particles that where touching eachother.

Now i am messing with moonlight, what light casts shadows without fading out on distance?

Edited by Garreth

And to clarify that article - use v for vertex mode to drag the light_center and this should be behind the light origin to form a line light_center > light origin > illuminated surfaces not light origin > light_center > surfaces. I don't think the distance between origin and light_center matters except maybe one can visualize the imaginary line to the surfaces better with a longer distance.[edit] plus of course, don't forget the moon in the sky! so imaginary line = moon > light_center > light origin > surfaces.