The Dark Mod Forums

More Quicksave Slots

Berny

Could it be possible to use more quicksaves? Maybe like it's used in prey. There you have 5 savegame slots, when they are full, the first one is overwriting (sry for the spelling, I hope you get what I mean). This is very useful when you just use quicksaves and get stuck in the game (like me because of a bug)

Regards Berny

Sure, just bind a range of keys to a few save file names like this.

bind f6 savegame slotb

bind f7 savegame slotc

bind f8 savegame slotd

and the next block of keys to load the respective saves...

bind f10 loadgame slotb

bind f11 loadgame slotc

bind f12 loadgame slotd

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

STiFU came up with this.

I use it ever since. Very convenient!

Edited by fllood

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

That script loads the most recent savegame automatically as long as you don't restart TDM. I just looked a little into tweaking the script, so that it supports restarts as well and it's actually fairly easy. :) I initially created the loadbind and savebind aliases for convenience, so that you can quickly swap the desired key for quicksaving. However, that also prevents the system from remembering the current state throughout restarts of TDM. Here is an altered less flexible version of the script that fixes that behavior (You can press f9 in the mainmenu right after the start and the proper savegame is loaded).

// Quicksave altering
set save1 "savegame QuickSave1; bind f5 vstr save2; bind f9 vstr load1"
set save2 "savegame QuickSave2; bind f5 vstr save3; bind f9 vstr load2"
set save3 "savegame QuickSave3; bind f5 vstr save1; bind f9 vstr load3"

set load1 "loadgame QuickSave1"
set load2 "loadgame QuickSave2"
set load3 "loadgame QuickSave3"

Add those lines to an autoexec.cfg. You'll have to enter the following line into the console once, while no FM is installed to get the ball rolling though:

bind f5 vstr save1.

Have fun. :)

By the way, at first I tried to find a way to export the aforementioned aliases to a file, but then I suddenly realized how simple the solution is really. B)

What the script does not support is jumping back and forth between FMs and choosing proper savegames. We'd definitely need to export to a file for that. Or codesupport: A "Load most recent save" function.