The Dark Mod Forums

WIP: Business As Usual v2

Bikerdude

Evening taffers

I have embarked on the much need update of BAU, the core objectives and major architechure will remain, but all the bugs and mistakes I made when build this (my first map) will be corrected, cleaned and polished. There will be more Ai (where applicable), stuff will be easier to find, and it will be much, much prettier. Screenshots to follow...

:ph34r:

Done some more work this evening, added 3 new alleyways, several building facades, and an extras way of getting past the guards on the street... The new styles being added to the map is a mild form thats a mixture of Melan and Springheel building types. I have corrected a tone of mapping errors (its weird seeing a map I built and saying "what was I thinking when I did this...:laugh:)

Here are some screenies to enjoy -

ijCzaW.jpg

ijCwSO.jpg

ijCq40.jpg

Morning,

Have been working away on this and thus far I have done the following -

• Updated all the plain alleys with building facade's and street furniture.
  • Fixed all the perf issues left over as a result of my then, newbie map skills
  • Converted a load of relevant WS to FS, again I cant quite believe what I was thinking lol
  • Updated the eye candy across the map, changed textures.
  • Added an extra Ai to the street to up the difficulty for the player (may even add a guard to other area's now that I think about it)
  • expanded the sewers and nearby area's.

This map will be a much richer place to explore and loot, but still more updating planed before I get the tester in :-)

Are you gonna tie this in with your St Alban's series somehow?

(Eg. Meaning, might we have a BikerDude campaign by merging the missions eventually?)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

hmm I hadn't considered that, would mean rewriting the story for BaU, possibly changing the player start location etc.

But apart from any of that, both the Caducaus and Cathedral mission's would need optimizing to correct any old building methods I used before integrating them into a campaign.

Well atm the current updated version has 2x the street area, 1.5x in the inside room area in some buildings, 4x+ times the amount of detail across the map, 1.5x the amount of Ai (some of which have been change/re purposed), edited, updated, added the readables, and am considering adding another access point to the sewers so the player has a 3rd way down there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Evening, I am on the final round of beta testing, did you want to add your italian translation to this version before I release it..?

Biker, i now i'm waiting for tels (with the new version of DM) to restart the translation work. :D

• 2 weeks later...

er, I assume you would want me to rerelease the mission with the translated files..?

Mmm. If i well understand the new system, there will be a script that creat itself the new strings/files.

And, i understand that the translated files are in a separeted package, so they are unliked to the mission modification. :D

However, i contact you in any case. :laugh:

Edited by ECHELON