The Dark Mod Forums

Stuff to play: FO3-Goty & Brink

Bikerdude

Just picked up a copy of the aboive games for £8 and £5 :-) but I think Im gonna take back Brink as even the local s/h games store only sels its for 50p which suggests its rubbish - anyone got any comments..?

nb. I have already downbloaded the HD texture pack for FO @ 1.5GB in preperation.

Here's one of the best mods for it that I've played:

Cube Experimental

FO3 Wanderers Edition is supposedly good as well, I haven't tried it though.

You really need some music mods as well as the 15-20 songs or so get really old after a few hours.

Also I'd say that New Vegas is a much better game as I found FO3 pretty generic in comparison.

FO3 Wanderers Edition is supposedly good as well, I haven't tried it though.

I've played wanderer's edition. I wouldn't recommend it for someone just starting to play for the first time. It makes the start very very deadly. However, it improves the midgame a lot. In the vanilla game you suddenly become immortal when you have you backpack full of stims. WE makes everything more rare so it improves the 'mad max' atmoshphere. In the vanilla game the world feels like a supermarket full of wares you just reach and take. WE feels more like the impoverished wasteland.

WE also felt a bit unpolished at times. There were a lot of features mashed together and it felt a bit clusterfuck.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I liked Fallout 3 quite a bit. until I got to the bug where

I am leading a group of people through a tunnel. See a guard and I think we're in trouble so I open fire and kill him. Turns out he was on our side. From then on the leader of the group wouldn't follow me. That leader has a key card to open the door.

So main story line broke and my last save was like 8 hours back (quicksaves overwrite each other...)

So be careful with saves.

it's true there were tons of stim packs, almost a ridiculous amount. But considering you can't find any ammo... I think you just have to choose perks early that let you find more ammo. Once I chose a few of those it got much easier.

I started New Vegas and I don't know, the start was pretty bland. I suppose I'll go back and try it again later.

----------

Take Bink back. I had really high hopes, they really hyped it up to be this great free running /parkour type game. But the parkour is just jumping over a barracade (think 3 foot tall cement wall) or jumping up and grabbing a ledge. But slow and horribly done. The mantling in TDM blows that entire game away when it comes to 'parkour' and TDM wasn't even trying for that, lol.

The movement is slow and heavy (even if you are light class). The artwork is top notch though. I loved the artwork in the game. The characters and guns were amazing.

But the game is also very laggy. I can run most games on high ( without ssao) but in Brink I was running low and still laggy.

It's online only.and if there aren't enough people lobby fills with bots and it's hard to tell. I don't think people even play it anymore.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest