The Dark Mod Forums

Info_location: leak problem

Bikerdude

I've got two leafs setup, with one VP, info_location_separator and info_location speaker in each each leaf.

• the VP is sealing correctly and the edges are flush with the hole its sealing.
  • the info_location_separator is correctly positioned

If there is no leak what would cause the info_location speaker from one leak to play in the other..?

if there's a leak wouldn't there be a pointfile? :blink:

did you set up the location_settings entity?

edit: what exactly do you want to achieve?

edit2: did you check in-game if the visportal is working? if so there should be no leak and you may have set up something wrong.

Edited by Obsttorte

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Read my post, I don't have a leak. Basically info_location speakers are another way of having ambient world speakers speakers. A simple example is you have an outside info_location and an inside info_location, then maybe you have a sewers info_location and so on.

You then place an info_location_separator on VP's where you want the zones to start/stop, this configuration dosent work if 1. you have an actual leak between zones or 2. you forget to place an info_location_separator on all of the VP between the zones.

Anyway I have managed to fix this is rather bizzarly, by having two VPs & accompaning info_location_separator's...

Read my post, I don't have a leak.

sorry, misread that :blush:

Basically info_location speakers are another way of having ambient world speakers speakers. A simple example is you have an outside info_location and an inside info_location, then maybe you have a sewers info_location and so on.

I know that as I used it on my first FM (betatested by you ;) ). It worked pretty nice for me, that's why I was asking

did you set up the location_settings entity?

Anyway I have managed to fix this is rather bizzarly, byut having two VPs and and an info_location_separator on each...

This may mean that 1. the first VP doesn't work or 2. the location_seperator touched the VP brush, but not the facet with the VP texture on it.

Just guessing. ^_^

So god knows why it stopped

Or the devil :ph34r:

unless you have an internal leak, or a transparent texture between the inside and outside thats letting the sound through, the same way that a transparent texture will let an inside light shine though to the ouside through another transparent texture even though there is void between the two textures.

Just remember that I had a similar problem with my FM. The ambient of the outer yard was played when I entered the upper floor. It also worked before, but IIRC there was a leak between these two areas caused by a brush, of which some vertexes seemed to have moved slightly and causing a gap.

Took me a long time to find out. Who knows. :wacko: