The Dark Mod Forums

Can't reload a safe file for Saint Lucia?

Korten

I quick saved and so when I got caught by the first guard, I went to reload my quicksave but I keep getting this error:

Game Error:

Couldn't load C:\users\[name]\desktop\The Dark Mod\maps\saintlucia.script

I don't know what is causing this and it doesn't appear to be exclusive to this one save file. :(

(If it helps, I just downloaded TDM 2.0 standalone today.)

The first problem I see is that the folder TDM is in must be named "darkmod".

The second thing I see is that you've installed darkmod to a folder on your desktop. I'm unsure whether that'd cause this problem, but nevertheless the desktop isn't really a proper place to install any software. Move the darkmod folder to, for instance, "C:/" or "C:/games".

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

The first problem I see is that the folder TDM is in must be named "darkmod".

The second thing I see is that you've installed darkmod to a folder on your desktop. I'm unsure whether that'd cause this problem, but nevertheless the desktop isn't really a proper place to install any software. Move the darkmod folder to, for instance, "C:/" or "C:/games".

Thanks! This fixed it for me. :)

Hi,

my problem is nearly the same. When i load a savegame it tells me couödn't load darkmod/maps/Saintlucia,script. But in the darkmod folder are only two folders: fms and screenshots - no folder named maps! In fms is stlucia and training_mission with savegames. Is there a way to tell the game to change the path?

I've only seen that problem before if the folder was not named "darkmod". Is St. Lucia shown as currently installed when you run TDM?

But in the darkmod folder is no maps folder. Only a fms and a savegamefolder.

When a mission is installed, the Dark Mod turns the mission folder (e.g. darkmod/fms/stlucia) into the new Root folder for most intents and purposes (e.g. looking for script files, placing savegame files). In a very real sense, a mission is treated as a mod-of-the-darkmod.

Strange. First (though I doubt it is the problem) I'd recommend running tdm_update.exe. Maybe one of the resource packages is corrupt.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

There's not supposed to be a maps folder; don't worry about the path; it's correct.

Usually this problem occurs when the folder is not named "darkmod", but yours looks okay. Does the same thing happen when you try and load a saved game from the training mission?

I was wondering if the darkmod folder had been moved without properly updating the working directory (german: 'Arbeitsverzeichnis') of the shortcut.

Might be worth double-checking: right-click on the shortcut and see if all pathes are OK.

There's not supposed to be a maps folder; don't worry about the path; it's correct.

Usually this problem occurs when the folder is not named "darkmod", but yours looks okay. Does the same thing happen when you try and load a saved game from the training mission?

I have only the Training Mission and Tears of ... And it is the same ... when i try to load a quicksave or a normally save the message appears. The training mission i saved was at the bow training. And at Tears of ... before the first guard appears in the doorway.

Edit:

Meanwhile i download a few missions and ... save/quicksave/load works with the downloaded missions. But not with the two ingame missions. Strange, but i can live with it

Thanks for help!

Edited by Painjester