The Dark Mod Forums

The Dark Mod - Music

Nacht7

Hey, Sebastian here. Sorry if this thread has already been made, but...

I was just wondering if I could get a possible compilation of all the tracks made for The Dark Mod?

After playing, I immediately fell in love with the great ambiance and tone, and I'd greatly appreciate anyone who could show me where to find these tracks standalone.

Ultimately, it's not my decision to make if you relinquish anything you made for the game, but I'd be very grateful if you would.

I was also thinking that we could create some kind of playlist of currently used tracks from the game or particular fan made levels, and also use this thread to present new tracks made by fans. That way, people could get feedback on their music and the tapestry of atmosphere and ambiance they are crafting for their level.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Nacht7
  • Like 1

The easiest thing you could do is open up the "tdm_sound_ambient0n.pk4" files in your darkmod folder. They are really .zip files, so you can get in them with any unzip program. Inside are all the music files in mostly ogg format (there might be some in wav too).

It'd be a great idea to put some of them up on YouTube with some nice video of the game.

• Like 2

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Winamp will play them... or XMPlay.

XMPlay is a small player that doesn't try to "take over" your machine at all. You just unzip it to a directory and run the EXE. You can create a file association with ogg files and it will never bug you via starting at system boot, or trying to push toolbars on you or anything.

http://www.un4seen.com/

• Like 1

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.