The Dark Mod Forums

Invisible Missions Menu

Greystalk

Hello, I'm new to the dark mod. I just installed it and I can't select any missions. None show up in the available mission screen even after downloading a couple fan missions. It kinda seems like the missions are there, just invisible. But selecting them and clicking the install mission button only restarted the game and didn't do anything. I tried using different versions of The Dark Mod like 2.09, 2.09a, 2.09b, and the latest 2.10 beta and none of them made a difference. If it matters, my pc specs are AMD Ryzen 5 2500u, Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, 8 GB Ram.

It might be permission problem.

If you ran tdm_installer under admin when installing game, then the game directory is now "owned" by admin, so you must also run the game under admin, otherwise it cannot modify files in its directory.

To check if this is a problem, try to create some text file in TDM directory and save it. If you are prompted for elevated rights, then that's indeed the case.
You can edit permissions of the directory to return it back to user.

To me, it is the permission feature.

Setting the permissions automatically: Download & run freyks installer. When it ask for the location of the tdm folder, point it to the excisting folder.

Or set the permissions yourself, by first locate the dark mod folder.
The right click on the darkmod folder > preferences > tab "security > edit > select "users" > full control > ok > ok. (See a tutorial)

Edited by freyk
  • Like 1

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!