The Dark Mod Forums

Player Model

sparhawk

On a related, semi-important useful note, does D3 have in-editor scaling of models? I haven't found anything like it. I'm asking because it is in UnrealEd (OMG BLASPHEME). Change the renderscale and voila, varied guard sizes, so they don't all look like an army of tall clones. If it doesn't exist now, would such a property be easy enough to add? Quite useful, and not just for AI (e.g., also static meshes - larger/smaller window, fountain, supports and columns, etc).

I think I read something like this on Doom3World. You can scale models and the likes, but I'm not sure wether simply scaling an AI down or up a bit really makes variety, because it can look strange. Shorter people are not neccessarily thinner as well, but simply scaling them down will result in a model that is overall smaller, not just the height.

Gerhard

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we know you're not happy when you can't just make whatever decisions you want regarding the setting. But seeing as we're a team, everyone is going to get to contribute, and the results will go in the Design forum, the same way everything else does on this project.

Since you obviously not care, and already said that numerous times, then why do you bother if somebody cares and does the job?

Gerhard

Stop being silly sparhawk. "I wrote the code that brings him alive so I should name him." WTF? Shouldn't Renz get to name the city and all the places seeng as he is lead mapper then? It's a team vote and Derek isn't much liked.

Fearghal is far, far too Irish imho. We might as well call him Shamus/Seamus.

I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.

Well explain it to me. You can come out with all the "it's not that important anyway" you want but the fact is you stated you should name him. Derek Gordon is rubbish name. Rubbish. Sound's like the local wino/butcher/taxi driver.

All those against Derek put the following at the end of thier posts:

Derek is teh suxxor

Except, I am the only one creating it.

Yeah, points for perseverance Sparhawk, you may be able to speak near fluent English, but your idea of which English nouns sound aesthetically pleasing is really atrocious)

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

No, it's just the Universe section I'm not allowed to be admin of any more, I was told Spring had replaced me. Sorry, I sould hve made that more clear. I'm still admin of some of the other bits as far as I know! :)

Not allowed physically or guideliney? You definetly still have access to edit all pages. You've still got Bureaucrat and sysop status.

I can see that Spring made some changes to the texts, though the vast majority of it is compaction editing.The biggest difference is the removal of the necro<->inventor link, which was never really agreed upon yet.

Can a mod split all these posts out of this thread? They're way off topic.

ANYWAY

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!

Not allowed physically or guideliney? You definetly still have access to edit all pages. You've still got Bureaucrat and sysop status.

Guideliney. I was told in a PM that Spring was to replace me as admin of the universe section.

Anyway, I've got to disconnect my PC to haul it up to my new home in Merry England now so I'll see you guys in a few days once I'm done unpacking.

Macsen out... # bzzzz...

Except, I am the only one creating it.

Your english really sucks. What you wanted to say there is "Except I'm one of many creating it." You should really brush up your english and learn to properly express yourself, as it befits your place.

Yeah, points for perseverance Sparhawk, you may be able to speak near fluent English, but your idea of which English nouns sound aesthetically pleasing is really atrocious)

That's simply a personaly preference, so it's not open for discussion anyway. I know that I have a perfect grasp of what sounds pleasing to everybody, so we should simply go with my suggestion and be done with it. We have more important stuff to do. And for those small miniority who really wouldn't like it, it's just a question of time to get used to it.

Gerhard

Your english really sucks. What you wanted to say there is "Except I'm one of many creating it." You should really brush up your english and learn to properly express yourself, as it befits your place.

That's simply a personaly preference, so it's not open for discussion anyway. I know that I have a perfect grasp of what sounds pleasing to everybody, so we should simply go with my suggestion and be done with it. We have more important stuff to do. And for those small miniority who really wouldn't like it, it's just a question of time to get used to it.

Perhaps you'll tell me who esle created the player model except me?

I'm responsible for the creative side of the model, and that includes the name.

You're only responsible for the technical side, and that has nothing to do with the name.

I don't try to get involved in coding, and you should stop trying to get involved in creative matters.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

oDDity, I consider coding a creative activity just like painting, making music or modeling. In fact, I would even call certain aspects of it art.

And I really think the name discussion is the least of our problems at the moment.

Can a mod please seperate this thread?

Not as far as this model is concerned. There is no creative aspect to the coding. Once I put it in the game, the code justhas to make it turn in certain vectors when you press a key. Hardly creative.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Even then, asking sparhawk to "stop trying to get involved in creative matters" is not justified. There are very, very few things that really set me off, but telling people not to be creative and/or denying them an opinion is certainly among them.

So Macsen and mines posts have been censored then?

Edit: Oh, I see where it went. A pointer would have been nice.

Come on oDDity, there are alot of changes you have made to models and such because of non-modeller input. Off the top of my head, and because I was involved, think of that rope arrow concept. You had an interesting idea which was altered to it's current state by other people's input. Equally if the plot was really stupid I'd expect you to get input and for your comments to be taken heed of even though you are are not a writer.

I don't try to get involved in coding, and you should stop trying to get involved in creative matters.

Coding is responsible for coming up with the names, because a name is a lable, and therefore it is the natural property of coders to come up with appropriate names.

Gerhard