The Dark Mod Forums

Models From The Ftp

sparhawk

I just looked at the models from the FTP. We have the builder priest, an acolyte an another priest character (the mb files). The major problem I see with this is, that these are already the triangulated versions, probably ready to put them in-game. Since they are already triangulated, they would be pretty hard to rework, in case we have to change them. And of course no bones and most likely no vertex weights as well, just the mesh.

These are the models I have located so far:

Builder Guard   3ds + textures
Builder Acolyte Maya + textures
Builder Prelate Maya + textures
Builder Priest   Maya + textures
Gunbot		 Maya ???
Male			 Max Template
Female		 Max Template
Male/Female Template LWO
NobleWoman LWO
Thug   3DS
Nobleman

Gerhard

That's great news! I was afraid we'd lost them altogether. So the only builder model we don't have is the Forger, and that's no great loss.

I think from now on we should make an agreement with members that what they do for the mod should be upload as soon as they can, to prevent this annoying scenario happening again. Though most people that join the team are level headed and are not assholes, so I don't really expect a repeat.

But imagine if I (for example) was making a campaign map and we used vids from it for a trailer and then I fucked off with the map, meaning that those trailers are rendered useless and inaccurate - it would really drag the mod down.

Well anyways, I think that content agreement Spar came up with should be enough.

I already told the team leads that from now we only accept stuff that is complete. Complete means, that ALL resources are put on CVS that are required for any processing. This also includes secondary files like the 3D applications scenefiles, fbx, photoshop layers and all the extra stuff that is need if we need to change something.

And if this doesn't work, then I will close CVS and only have team leads write permission, so that they can reject any material that doesn't comply. This also means that we wont put up any advertising on our site, for models or maps that don't really belong to us in that complete sense.

Gerhard

Where are the other models? I haven't found them, but then, I was not looking THAT hard for it either.

The elite city watch, builder guard, professional guard, prelate and revenant models are on CVS, not the FTP.

The FTP also has the House Guard files (HG.rar), though it is not game-ready.

The Thug and Nobleman models were made by Diego and Alan9000, respectively. The thug was never textured, and the nobleman--though apparently finished--was never put in-game. I have some doubts about the quality of it too, but I was never able to get a close look at it.

Alright, assuming we can take those ftp files and use them to get the character models in-game, we actually have access to the following models used in promo material:

city watch

elite city watch

professional guard

MISSING: elite professional guard

builder guard

builder priest

prelate

builder acolyte

MISSING: builder forger

revenant

noblewoman

MISSING: thief

Other models Oddity posted screenshots of but never uploaded:

naked pagan woman (wouldn't take much time to remake that since we have the female template)

city pagan woman

mage