The Dark Mod Forums

Noble Man Progress

alan9000

nobleman1.jpg

Well this is what I have so far about 6 hours work. The low poly version is only at about 4000 polys (both sides) and this medium poly model is around 8000.

I am working on the creases at the moment and the mirroring is doing my head in as it always looks terrible when you have two sides the same ..I will rectify that soon enough..

A question to my fellow modellers …this is the first time I have done a model especially for a game environment and I am a bit confused about single meshes and such like the model here is one mesh but you guys are using multiple meshes ..is this ok for the low poly in game models ? I am trying to follow your same work flow so I am doing a high poly model and then reducing it for the in game model ( using sub d surfaces in xsi ) so that’s no problem at all apart from tiding up the odd vertices. When it comes to texturing I assume you use the high poly model and then transfer this texture to the low poly model after baking the high poly geometry on to the texture ??? is this the correct work flow.

Looking good so far. A few suggestions: I agree the hat should be tilted, and is perhaps a little big. The puffy shoulder things need to be a little larger as well. Keep up the good work! :)

Edited by Springheel

Here is another quick update...I have added a little extra detail. I have made the shoulder 'things' larger springheal.

I am planning on taking the model into zbrush to add extra detail and creating a normal map from there …has anyone done this ..if so what were the results ?

noblemanrender2.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• nbohr1more

The FAQ wiki is almost a proper FAQ now. Probably need to spin-off a bunch of the "remedies" for playing older TDM versions into their own article.
      · 1 reply
    • nbohr1more

Was checking out old translation packs and decided to fire up TDM 1.07. Rightful Property with sub-20 FPS areas yay! ( same areas run at 180FPS with cranked eye candy on 2.12 )
      · 2 replies
    • taffernicus

i am so euphoric to see new FMs keep coming out and I am keen to try it out in my leisure time, then suddenly my PC is spouting a couple of S.M.A.R.T errors...
      tbf i cannot afford myself to miss my network emulator image file&progress, important ebooks, hyper-v checkpoint & hyper-v export and the precious thief & TDM gamesaves. Don't fall yourself into & lay your hands on crappy SSD

· 7 replies
    • OrbWeaver

Does anyone actually use the Normalise button in the Surface inspector? Even after looking at the code I'm not quite sure what it's for.
      · 7 replies
    • Ansome

Turns out my 15th anniversary mission idea has already been done once or twice before! I've been beaten to the punch once again, but I suppose that's to be expected when there's over 170 FMs out there, eh? I'm not complaining though, I love learning new tricks and taking inspiration from past FMs. Best of luck on your own fan missions!
      · 4 replies