The Dark Mod Forums

Noblewoman Wip

TYROT

Well, the neck is too thin and the facial features need some more work, the rest is excellent though.

I hope you've got Fprime, those radiosity renders would be pretty painful without it)

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

almighty oDDity

yes i have just noticed that i didnt upload the fixed-neck model...and yes I ll be focusing on more facial details... It was done pretty fast... It s so good to get feedback from an almighty :)

sparhawk:)

actually probably because of rendering it may seem like beard. I will take care it with other facial details and make it more femalien :)

i ll be uploading mmm tomorrow with the fixed ones.. hopefully

best.

Looking good, TYROT. I'm not sure if you've got to the shoulders yet, but she should have those puffy shoulders, kind of like this:

temp.jpg

Hair is great, puffy sleeves look great...but her boobs are a little on the large side. To have that much cleavage, they should probably be pressed in on the sides a bit.

The rest is great, but I see you're having trouble with the face.

Would it be rude of me to offer you this model as template to build your characters around.

You can reshape it to any proportions you want, tweak the face, add your hair, clothes, props etc.

It'll save you a lot of time and effort I'm sure.

post-5-1102805458.jpg

Edited by oDDity

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

dear oDDity:)

I ll try to fix the face.. Of course i was more like architectural and mechanical modeller for years...

I think i should stick with making just furniture and stuff like that for this mod and keep my time trying to fix things.....I mean of course i can change, add so many other props to your base model but really it doesnt do anything good for my skills which im really trying to improve. I was making cartoon 3d characters for TVs but not that much humanoid characters. And for some time (springheel knows the reason) i may have some anatomical problems..

I think it s better for me not to try anymore on character models... Because really this team has the best.... so the best must create the final characters...I mean we should not give away the quality... So i think .I m not gonna try to make character for this mod again...

and I even do not put any kind of picture on LW modellers background. Not even a logo. I mean i force myself to not copy the actual stuff..So for me it s not even an option to put a model and change it...I mean it may take months for me to make a good proportional model or a face but it s ok really i dont have rush :) After many occupations in this visual art fields i started to focus on modelling mmm couple of months ago.. So i think im still so amateur...

i was focusing on so many other things when i was making that woman. i mean my mind was divided in three things as i was making it....It was really so hard for me to work in 3 different PCs on 3 different stuff.... but this is not an excuse... :) of a bad modelling ...

And i admire your work...It s not a good thing for me to mess with it :)

best (with us)

I can see you're a man of principle. It's not bad modeling, just the face is not quite correct, and since I have a template face lying around doing nothing...still it's your decision, I can see your point, but it's not finished yet, so I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

We need lots of architectural and other models though, it's just as important as the characters.

- Emil Zola

character models site

dear Springheel

Thanks for the feedback. I was really hoping to get this kind of "instructive" feedback.. It s really showing me something that i can fix eventually. I mean i will fix the model for myself :)but i think im not gonna upload anymore renderings....

You were about to get something so different.....but i m not so sure anymore i have a will for accomplishing it....

best

:huh: I'm not sure what you'd be discouraged about - your model is great. I'm curious what sort of a haunt or zombie you could make. In fact, all three of you guys (oDDity, DeepOmega, and you - and not to leave anyone out - I don't know if anyone else is doing figure modelling yet, is there?) are leaving me shocked, wondering if I'm completely missing something in this whole "modelling magic" you guys do. The stuff blows me away. Sure, I can go through a tutorial, or make something out of squares and octagons, but when it comes to figures, I just don't know how you guys do it. Put it this way - the quality all three of you has produced so far has me thinking there must be some kind of secret trick to it all. ;)

The rest is great, but I see you're having trouble with the face.

What's the problem with the face? The only thing I see so far is the upper lip It loks like she is wearing a beard because it seems to be extended a little bit to much. Apart from that it looks fine.

I think it is not so bad to have different kind of faces. After all, if you look at the street, then not everybody looks as if he has been designed by the same guy. So it would be nice if you can say exactly what problem the face is supposed to have, because I sure can't see it. And if it has indeed a problem then it would be much better to tell Tyrot this so he can learn from it, instead of giving him a ready made template.

Gerhard

I ll try to fix the face.. Of course i was more like architectural and mechanical modeller for years...

I think i should stick with making just furniture and stuff like that for this mod and keep my time trying to fix things.....

Sure you could do this. But if you do this, then we would loose a great character modeler for the team because your model really looks good to me.

I think it s better for me not to try anymore on character models... Because really this team has the best.... so the best must create the final characters...I mean we should not give away the quality... So i think .I m not gonna try to make character for this mod again...

I don't think that you should stop this. Your model looks fine and if it has some problems then you should learn which ones and fix them, instead of running away. I don't think that there are many mods that have such good modellers and that's not only oDDity I mean. I'm really suprised about the high-quality team that we managed to get together, because when I see some FMs I often think that they are rather amateurish. So far I haven't seen anything on our mod where I had to think this (except my models of course ;) ).

i was focusing on so many other things when i was making that woman. i mean my mind was divided in three things as i was making it....It was really so hard for me to work in 3 different PCs on 3 different stuff.... but this is not an excuse... :) of a bad modelling ...

It's not bad modelling, but maybe you should really focus on one thing and finish this first? I know what you are doing and this is really a lot. And I don't want for you to burn out because you are taking on everything.

Gerhard

We need lots of architectural and other models though, it's just as important as the characters.

We also need a lot of characters, so I don't think it is a good idea for Tyrot to do architecture or props. I think it is even better to have some variety by different modellers doing their stuff without using a template. IMO the faces don't have to look as if they were designed all from the same person. I still don't know what the problem with the face is. Is it a visual thing or model technique thing?

Doing architectural or props even I could do it. Maybe not with the kind of detail that you guys can, but it would look okish. And characters are quite hard to do anyways.

Gerhard