The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Springheel

Arrow Sound

Is it just me, or is there a new "whish" sound when you fire arrows? I don't recall hearing it before. It's like the sound an arrow might make if it whizzed by your head, but when you're firing away from yourself, it just seems odd, especially for the bigger arrows, like water or rope arrows.

Is it just me, or is there a new "whish" sound when you fire arrows? I don't recall hearing it before. It's like the sound an arrow might make if it whizzed by your head, but when you're firing away from yourself, it just seems odd, especially for the bigger arrows, like water or rope arrows.

It was always there, just more high pitched now. I personally dislike it, there's no kick to it (for a fire sound). As a whiz past your head it's ok, but not as a shoot arrow sound.

IMO we should have something like T1/2 did, the whole twang of the bow.

I don't like it either. I thought we had an earlier sound (maybe 2 revisions ago?) that I liked better.

Yes but even that was a simple whoosh sound. We need a twang as the bow releases the arrow.

True, but it shouldn't be too loud, otherwise people will wonder why the AI can't hear it. Our character probably uses those string muffler thingies we talked about a while ago. Actually it would be kind've cool if those were modeled on the bow. :)