The Dark Mod Forums

Checking up on missing animations

Springheel

Can anyone comment on the existance/progress of these animations? Are they done and just need to be exported? Are they on an outdated rig and can't be used? Are they just video files and nothing else?

Anyway, I've almost completed the runcycle that I'll use for the civie run/shielding face animation. I can also modify it for any other running animations we might need. I've included a zip with 3 different views of it (a normal one, one in slow-mo, and another of running in place). Should make it easier to get a feel for what it looks like (as with before, ignore the trailing polygons behind him as he moves forward since it won't show up on the actual animation):

http://www.geocities.com/canisinvicti/Run.zip

I zipped up all the FBX files rather than making videos and links to each one, and then they can be converted to whatever they need so that they fit on our current skeletons. Oh, and note that I didn't run that animation/plot all command on them yet so that might need to be done too. Unfortunately the zip is a little big for geocities so I had to resort to *sigh* sendspace. Here's the link to it, password on the files is "darkmod":

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oqq4uc

...been busy with that stupid project at work, it's getting drawn out, but coming to an end finally.

Here it is - the generic interact animation, for opening doors, picking up things off table, handing over an object to someone, etc.

http://208.49.149.118/TheDarkMod/movies/In...ct_leftView.avi

http://208.49.149.118/TheDarkMod/movies/In...t_rightView.avi

(Solis)

Anyway, I've almost completed the runcycle that I'll use for the civie run/shielding face animation. I can also modify it for any other running animations we might need. I've included a zip with 3 different views of it (a normal one, one in slow-mo, and another of running in place). Should make it easier to get a feel for what it looks like (as with before, ignore the trailing polygons behind him as he moves forward since it won't show up on the actual animation):

http://www.geocities.com/canisinvicti/Run.zip

seems the case.. i haven't seen these files in the model_src folder or on ftp.

(Solis)

I zipped up all the FBX files rather than making videos and links to each one, and then they can be converted to whatever they need so that they fit on our current skeletons. Oh, and note that I didn't run that animation/plot all command on them yet so that might need to be done too. Unfortunately the zip is a little big for geocities so I had to resort to *sigh* sendspace. Here's the link to it, password on the files is "darkmod":

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oqq4uc

link is dead, maybe someone has downloaded these already?

• 3 weeks later...
Yep the interact one is one on my list of anims to export, this is the latest item on my todo list.

That would be a handy one to have, as we could work it into the door code that Angua's working on. It's already impressive to see them turn around to close the door behind them--it would be that much more impressive if they reached out in the direction of the handle as well.

It would make more sense for them to reach out with their right hand, but if they're alert and/or carrying a weapon, that would result in some pretty bad clipping. Might be worth doing two versions eventually, one for when they're carrying a weapon one one for when they're not.

(Do AI stop and close the door behind them if they're in pursuit? That would be humourous.) :)

(Do AI stop and close the door behind them if they're in pursuit? That would be humourous.) :)

Nope, they don't close doors when they are in combat or agitated searching. (Although it would be fun... :laugh: )

Looking forward to the anims, I can make the code choose between a right-handed and left-handed anim depending on where they stand and if they have something in their hands as soon as they are there.

Because you're awesome like that :)

Okay well this week is out, kind of renovating my room - got my new computer last night, am setting it up in the evening. Next week I should be able to do it. I've put it at the top of my todo list.

So the right handed one will be when nothing is being held in their hands.

I'll do a left handed one too - I'll angle the right hand to hold whatever it is up - if it's a lantern it'll look fine, if it's a sword, it'll be pointing straight up in the sky, which might transition sharply from pointing downward, depending on what the previous anim was. We'll deal with that when we get to it and decide what we need. I'll just do a quick one for now.

• 4 months later...

Hmm, resurrecting this thread....

I found an archive on my HD from ngm1 (nisstagm?) that has the following fbx files:

carry1.fbx

carry2.fbx

holding.fbx

reachout.fbx

interact.fbx

scrubb.fbx

scuff.fbx

sleepy.fbx

None of these are currently in use...was there a problem with them or did they just never get exported?