The Dark Mod Forums

Pipekit

Fingernail

piping10sb.jpg

Rough textures on length especially...and how can I make the normalmaps make them look rounder? I generated a normalmap from a much denser cylinder, but it still looks faceted. Anyway, the joints look quite good.

What you can see is 3 parts: the length, the joint and the bend. I think it looks quite good.

Still in progress: the T-joint, + joint, valves, spouts and gears/taps.

And after that I'll do some wiring (wires and switchboards and such.

All textures handpainted. TM

Not sure how to do it in LW, but you want to smooth those faceted sides. In 3DS, you apply a smoothing group to them. Talk to someone who knows what they're doing in LW, tho.

Also, you may want to add some distortion to both the normal map and the spec map to coincide with rust - will add a TON to the textures.

Well, the disc tool isn't just a cylinder. You can make a cylinder with the disc tool, but I virtually never do. 95% of the time I use the disc tool to make a disc as a start point for beveling or extending.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

What are those little gold bits? If they're supposed to be rust they're too regular at the moment.

tbend14zn.jpg

T-bend is now fully functional

There are still some texture issues with the other pipes though (I may do one set of skins with rust and one without...)

Looks good. :) You should also do some wheels and such. You know what I mean? Big ones and small ones that can be connected to them. I guess three should be enough. One small enough to fit in the hand, one middle sized and on big one. Maybe you can also do broken ones. Shouldn't be to hard when you are at it.

Gerhard

Anyone else have a problem with the red paint? I think that's a fairly modern convention, painting the handles red. I'd rather see them just a regular metal colour, personally.

Anyone else have a problem with the red paint? I think that's a fairly modern convention, painting the handles red. I'd rather see them just a regular metal colour, personally.

Alright, I can change that...but I'll probably provide 2 skins nonetheless...they were red in T2 after all. :P