The Dark Mod Forums

Models Update Page

Springheel

This page showcases all of our current models, both those that are ready to use, those that are complete but need skinning, and those that are in progress.

http://www.mindplaces.com/darkmod/models/models.htm

I'm happy to report that we have almost a dozen completed models, and over 30 models waiting to be skinned! :)

Modelers, please look over this page and let me know if anything is in the wrong spot--I sometimes had a hard time telling if something had been skinned or not.

Also, if there are any models shown here that are not already on the FTP site or CVS, please upload them (with the exception of models in progress).

Any other ommissions, please let me know.

I'm happy to report that we have almost a dozen completed models, and over 30 models waiting to be skinned! :)

Nice! I know that we did a lot of objects, but I always had the impression that it were less. Having them on one page is good, because now we can see how many there really are.

BTW: Shouldn't the books be Objects - readable?

Gerhard

Probably, but I didn't want to make too many categories, or we'd be scrolling forever. :) As more objects come in we may need to separate them further.

And yeah, it's cool to see them all in one spot. :)

Righto. Actually, I think there are a couple other models posted outside the model forum I need to track down.

BTW, I wanted to ask you about the pictures...I don't really get how the skin is duplicated to cover all four sides of the frame, but I have about a dozen pictures ready to upload, and I just want to make sure that changing the colour of the frame skin isn't going to mess things up.

dear Springheel

Nice job and thanks for your precious time...It s really good to see all of them in one page...

I was gonna upload one more pack tonight BUT HELL i realized it s new year eve... So I will do something else...and tomorrow I ll be completing my first PACK.. And because of the style I better do my own skinning.. I ll be making texturing and low poly versions.. After getting your acceptence for the models.. I ll be start putting in the game..

I just do not want to cause more trouble and job to Black Thief.. Because serious amount of model is on the way...

(including, generators, Locks, keys, keyholes, Furnitures, lamps...)

I have a crazy dream, putting almost every home different furniture..I hope i can finish them..

BEST

This is probably the best place to mention as well...we have completed approx 75% of our Mansion Pack models! There are less than a dozen left to go (though we can always have more than one version of things).

Good job modelers! :D

Righto. Actually, I think there are a couple other models posted outside the model forum I need to track down.

BTW, I wanted to ask you about the pictures...I don't really get how the skin is duplicated to cover all four sides of the frame, but I have about a dozen pictures ready to upload, and I just want to make sure that changing the colour of the frame skin isn't going to mess things up.

Well I won't know till I sse them. As long as you kept it to the template I had - a frame tiled up the side and a picture the same size as in the template, there will be no problem. YOu made normal and spec maps as well I presume?

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

No, I assumed each frame would have its own normal and spec maps which would be used regardless of the skin.

The carving in all my frames are different and all need their own spec and normal maps. What kind of frame images are you using?

I think it'll be best if you just upload the actual art images and I'll take care of the frames. I have more than enough tilable templates.

Or you can jjust go here (where I get all mine) and pick out whichever tilable picture frames you think will suit the art you chose.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

This is probably the best place to mention as well...we have completed approx 75% of our Mansion Pack models! There are less than a dozen left to go (though we can always have more than one version of things).

That's good to hear. But we still have nobody working on any map? :(

Gerhard

The carving in all my frames are different and all need their own spec and normal maps.

Right. I used only two different frame models, so you'll be able to use the same two spec and normal maps for all dozen pictures. But the colour of the frame is slightly different for the sake of variety. I'll upload the .tga images the ftp site and you can make sure they'll work. They follow your templates exactly, so there shouldn't be a problem.