The Dark Mod Forums

pataran application thread

pataran

Hey Dark mod Dev's, I sent a small mail application to see if I can become a beta mapper for the Dark mod. Have you guys reviewed it yet?

Email:

Hi, my name is Patrick Gandolfo aka pataran. I am a long time thief fan and have been ghosting this site for over two years now and decided that I would like to help this mod grow by contributing maps. I'm not experienced in Radiant but I have some experience in hammer editor so I'm sure the transition won't be too jarring. Pics of some of my mapping is being sent, keep in mind most of it is not complete but just quick concepts to show I can map. I am dedicated and willing to learn Radient and contribute to this mod, thanks for you time.

I think we need to see something done with the Doom or (preferably) Thief's Den assets.

Our wiki will help you out quite a bit, there is an a to z beginners guide. :) To setup Thiefs Den assets, you have to click 'file' and then 'select game'. Where is says fs_game, type in thiefs_den or whatever the name of your thiefs den folder looks like.

Wiki Link.

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php/Main_Page

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• OrbWeaver

Finally got round to publishing a tutorial on baking normal maps in Blender, since most of the ones we have are inaccessible or years out of date.
      · 0 replies
    • nbohr1more

The FAQ wiki is almost a proper FAQ now. Probably need to spin-off a bunch of the "remedies" for playing older TDM versions into their own article.
      · 1 reply
    • nbohr1more

Was checking out old translation packs and decided to fire up TDM 1.07. Rightful Property with sub-20 FPS areas yay! ( same areas run at 180FPS with cranked eye candy on 2.12 )
      · 3 replies
    • taffernicus

i am so euphoric to see new FMs keep coming out and I am keen to try it out in my leisure time, then suddenly my PC is spouting a couple of S.M.A.R.T errors...
      tbf i cannot afford myself to miss my network emulator image file&progress, important ebooks, hyper-v checkpoint & hyper-v export and the precious thief & TDM gamesaves. Don't fall yourself into & lay your hands on crappy SSD

· 7 replies
    • OrbWeaver

Does anyone actually use the Normalise button in the Surface inspector? Even after looking at the code I'm not quite sure what it's for.
      · 7 replies