The Dark Mod Forums

Error using exportmodels command

Noisycricket

Am i doing this right? I load up doom using my Saint Lucia shortcut and enter: exportmodels guardsneeze, then press enter and get this error.

file e:\Program Files (x86)\Doom 3\saintlucia\def\guardsneeze.def, line 3: Unknown token: -

---------------------------------

Here my guardsneeze def file:

export guardsneeze {

options -sourcedir a\

-destdir a\

anim guardsneeze.mb -dest idle_itch.md5anim

}

---------------------------------

-My St Lucia installation is: e:\program files (x86)\Doom 3\

-guardsneeze.def file is in e:\program files (x86)\Doom 3\saintlucia\def\

-guardsneeze.mb file is in saintlucia\a\

-The MayaImportx86.dll and the two other files that come with it are in the Doom 3\ with the Doom 3.exe executable, the Doom3\base folder, saintlucia\, Maya\ and finally, Maya\bin.

-Im using Maya 8.5 SP1 64bit at the moment.

-Doom version 1.3.1 1304

line 5: failed to export.....Could not load MayaImport.dll

Which DLL have you been downloading? You need the correct mayaimportx86.dll for your Maya version. Are you using my version I posted on Doom3World?

Which DLL have you been downloading? You need the correct mayaimportx86.dll for your Maya version. Are you using my version I posted on Doom3World?

Yes, via the megaupload link. Its says 8.5

Should i try using the .reg file?

It's possible that the DLL is not compatible with 8.5 SP1, I was using 8.5 without SP to compile that. I don't have 8.5 SP1 around so I can't really test that theory.

Otherwise it would also be possible to use a previous version of Maya.

once you've completed downloading the mod, use the proguard def file te export your animations. This way we know if new animations are added/working and the def file stays up to date. I'm still using the maya 7.0 dll just for the DM, haven't tried the 8.5 dll with 2008. anyway the 7.0 dll should work without a problem.

Tried 7.0, now it reads mayaimportx86 a lot longer but it still won't work. Here are the related lines in the log file if anyone knows what there doing (20 or so lines). I can't believe the computer processes all that crap so quickly!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ydomwygnmnn

@ Springheel: I'm thinking Sparhawk will fix my login problem today, in which case, i'll upload my completed files. If you want either of those two animations i did sooner, just let me know.

Tried 7.0, now it reads mayaimportx86 a lot longer but it still won't work. Here are the related lines in the log file if anyone knows what there doing (20 or so lines). I can't believe the computer processes all that crap so quickly!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ydomwygnmnn

@ Springheel: I'm thinking Sparhawk will fix my login problem today, in which case, i'll upload my completed files. If you want either of those two animations i did sooner, just let me know.

you tried the 7.0 dll with maya 8.5? because that won't work of course.

once you've completed downloading the mod, use the proguard def file te export your animations. This way we know if new animations are added/working and the def file stays up to date. I'm still using the maya 7.0 dll just for the DM, haven't tried the 8.5 dll with 2008. anyway the 7.0 dll should work without a problem.

? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Think im making progress now. Says Maya not installed in registry.

That seems familiar, I think that's mentioned on the wiki. You need to adapt your Path environment variable.

Thinking about your previous error, I think it's completely possible that the MayaImportDLL cannot handle a Maya x64 installation. The 64 bit libraries shipped with Maya cannot be loaded by that 32 bit DLL, so I assume it's more likely to work with a 32-bit Maya installation. I'll give that a try.

Yes, it's actually the 64-bit version causing problems. Though I couldn't get it to work properly with the 32-bit version either, because the DLL is relying on some VC8-specific stuff (I'm using VC9 here).

I managed to export the md5anim with Maya 7 though, that exporter DLL is more reliable than mine.

I'm now using the 32bit version. I now get a blank window popping up asking me to search for a directory. Its only responded thus far when pointing it to the maya directory. After that it continues processing for a second and then gives this error:

R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call

If you strung together the strings created by procmon.exe after starting the exportmodels command, it would probably stretch to the moon and back a few times.

I'm now using the 32bit version. I now get a blank window popping up asking me to search for a directory. Its only responded thus far when pointing it to the maya directory. After that it continues processing for a second and then gives this error:

R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call

Yes, I've been getting that as well - I read that the Maya SDK is only compatible with VC++ 2005, but I've been using VC++ 2008 to compile our game DLL for a while. Maybe that's the reason.

If you can, use Maya 7 plus the corresponding DLL in the meantime, I got both to work without trouble on my end here.

Or send the files to model_src or somewhere so that somebody else can export them for you.

• 1 month later...

Ok solved the problem with the exportmodels command by changing this:

export a {
options -sourcedir a/ -destdir a/</P> <P>anim a.ma -dest idle_armwipe</P> <P>}

to this:

</P> <P>export a {</P> <P>options  -sourcedir a -destdir a -scale 0.97</P> <P>addoptions -keep origin Pelvis Pelvis2 Hips LeftHips_Dummy LeftUpLeg LeftLeg LeftFoot LeftToeBase LeftToe_end RightHips_Dummy RightUpLeg RightLeg RightFoot RightToeBase RightToe_end sword Spine_Dummy Spine Spine1 Spine2 LeftShoulder_Dummy LeftShoulder LeftArm_Dummy LeftArm LeftArmRoll LeftForeArm LeftHand LeftHandIndex1 LeftHandIndex2 LeftHandIndex3 LeftHandIndex4 LeftHandRing1 LeftHandRing2 LeftHandRing3 LeftHandRing4 LeftHandThumb1 LeftHandThumb2 LeftHandThumb3 Neck Head RightShoulder_Dummy RightShoulder RightArm_Dummy RightArm RightArmRoll RightForeArm RightHand RightHandIndex1 RightHandIndex2 RightHandIndex3 RightHandIndex4 RightHandRing1 RightHandRing2 RightHandRing3 RightHandRing4 RightHandThumb1 RightHandThumb2 RightHandThumb3 joint8 joint9 leftpad rightpad joint7 RightFrontUpSkirt RightBackUpSkirt LeftFrontUpSkirt LeftBackUpSkirt RightFrontLowSkirt RightBackLowSkirt LeftFrontLowSkirt LeftBackLowSkirt
mesh proguardmesh_export.mb -dest tdm_ai_proguard</P> <P>anim proguardmesh_export.mb -dest af_pose.md5anim
addoptions -scale 0.97</P> <P> anim a.ma -dest idle_armwipe

}</P> <P>

thank the gods, that was annoying.