The Dark Mod Forums

Destined's Animations

Destined

Do you have "Reorient" enabled during export?

As for floating, NPCs are using inverse kinematics to determine where to put feet on. This potentially could cause problems. There is an md5 viewer. You could use it to check on exported animations.

It's only a model...

According to the "Frame Commands" Wiki entry, it should be able to turn off the walkIK off, per animation. However, when I add the command to the def file and try to load the test map the following error occurs:

"Joint 'Hips' not found for attachment position 'hip_sheath_l' on entity 'atdm_ai_proguard_1' " This error does not occur with the "disableWalkIK" missing...

This is how the def of the animaiton looks:

anim climb_ladder_8step models/md5/chars/guards/proguard/proguard_climb_ladder_8step.md5anim
{
disableWalkIK
}

• Like 1

You are right. If I had been more observant, I would have seen, the difference between global commands and frame commands in the example :-/

Hm, I hope I don't have to use this command for every frame (for this animation it would be 165). I will just have to try when I get home today. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

I am now sure it works. For example, here is my praying animation, which is tough for the AI legs. It could not work with IK on. Here is the def:

anim pray					models/md5/chars/guards/proguard/pray.md5anim
{
prevent_idle_override
frame 1         disableWalkIK	
frame 1                 call overrideLegs	    
}	

For climbing animation you probably must also prevent_idle_override so that the AI does not look around.

For the praying, I've disabled walk IK via frame command. Also "call overrideLegs" was used. I am not sure why it put that there, but it was necessary for the praying anim to look ingame the same as in blender.

Best of luck!

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Disabling IK did the trick. And I really just missed the "frame 1". Thank you very much Arcturus and Sotha! Now the animation plays as intended in game :) . However, I still have the problem, that the animation brings the AI to a new location, but when the animation is over, the AI snaps back to the original location. Do you know how I can circumvent that? This is the final missing piece to get an AI climbing a ladder.

• Like 1

Drat, I have not used the origin, while doing the animation. Thus, the whole animation is wrong. If I move the origin, I move the rest relative to the origin. Consequently, I have to remove all movement of the complete body... So I know what I will do for the next couple of hours in blender...