The Dark Mod Forums

Opera 10.51 lost its fast reverse button

Fidcal

Damn. Opera 10.51 lost its fast reverse button. I found that so useful. Navigate deeper and deeper into a website, eg, these forums. Hit reverse to get back to the start page. Now I have to scroll to the top and find the right link or hit the back button 10 times.

Maybe it can be configured the way it was but I just can't be arsed. Spend my life sorting things out. ;)

Ever noticed Opera's crap Help? More like M$oft. Just a crude document search. Need a shortcut key? Good luck with that. When I eventually found it using Google I made a bookmark.

Dude, don't tell me you didn't notice that Opera is Teh_Mutha of cumstomizable user interfaces? Just click the right mouse button somewhere on the tool bar (where the buttons for Reload, New Tab etc. are located). Then choose the first (upper) option (I have the German version installed, so I can't tell you what it is named in EN). This should open a window with four tabs, one of them saying something like Buttons. There you click on Browser (the second from above), and just drag the Reverse button icon to the Tool Bar and place it where you want. Close the window and enjoy the new Opera.  ;)

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

You know, I've been using Opera for about 10 years now, so I don't really know if the online help is lacking - I just don't need it. However, since Opera almost from the start was clearly the technology leader among the browsers (tabbed browsing and mouse gestures, anyone?  :P), you can bet that they have a solution for nearly any problem you encounter or wish you have. It surely can be a bit of detective work, but it's like "I'm certain this program has the feature I want. Now where would I hide if I were that feature?"  ;)  

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

I agree. I've been using Opera since the early days too. About time they learnt how to write a Help though. ;) Still, guess they can't be good at everything.

lol

Man, I remember what a revelation Opera was when I first used it years ago. I was free from the shackles of Internet Explorer. Only reason I found out about it was because of some webpage design I was dabbling in and I found out one of my testers was using something else. I switched to firefox back in 03/04 though and have been using it ever since. Opera doesn't feel quite like me...it's a strange thing.

You know, I've been using Opera for about 10 years now

Same here, the last decade I've been dependent upon Opera, and the browser has come a long way. I simply love the fact that they've hidden a lot of the 'bloat', the browser now looks quite minimalistic upon new installation.

Here's to Opera!

~m2

Now I have to scroll to the top and find the right link...

Now, clicking the title instead takes me to the last post in the thread. Instead, I must click the tiny little arrow icon next to the title to get to the newest unread

While these kind of things are being discussed... If y'all are going to maybe tweak the forums a bit, can you make the icon to jump-to-first-unread-post a little larger?

And put the link pathway thing (eg. The Dark Mod Forums > Public Forums > Off-Topic) at the bottom of each page too?

Thanks

Shall I Try Some Squeaky Wheeling?

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696