The Dark Mod Forums

Missing files?

DeTeEff

1:

When I run on wooden boards, it sounds like one stepping sound is missing. It's like, clomp, clamp.......clomp......clamp, clamp, clomp......clomp.......clomp.....etc...Is that normal or have my itchy mouse fingers managed to delete important files?

2:

When I DMAP my missions an error which sais that Gleeful/Daylight, or Daysky o something is missing...also a Scratched metal of some sort is missing...I have never experienced any bugs in game so I haven't cared too much about this before...

Could you tell me the exact name of the wood which is not working? it might not be marked as being a wooden surface.

The second issue sounds like it could be doom3 materials, but just the same if you can get the exact name I'll have a look into it.

Could you tell me the exact name of the wood which is not working? it might not be marked as being a wooden surface.

The second issue sounds like it could be doom3 materials, but just the same if you can get the exact name I'll have a look into it.

For the wood, it is a wooden boards-material that has been in the mod since the first release. The footsteps sound like steps on wood, but the problem is that there is asymetrical pattern when I run.

I'm currently at work so I just wrote what I could recall blush.gif As soon I quit work I will inform you more exactly...

Is there any way to dump the DMAP-text so I can read it? When i scroll to the top, there is no texture-error (no more than a thousand of "Node without a volume"-errors)...What does this errors mean by the way?

I have tried to capture the error with pen and paper(!) as it flashes by and I came up with this;

Couldn't load image textures/darkmod/gleeful/daysky

Couldn't load image textures/darkmod/metal/flat/brush_steel_scratched01notiling_s

(The daysky is shown as a 'Shader not found' in the Media browser, but the metal surface is showing...)

The wooden floor is: textures/darkmod/wood/boards/polished_01

It is almost the same on textures/darkmod/stone/cobblestones/cobblestone_fan_pattern

Is there any way to dump the DMAP-text so I can read it?

in the console, type:

condump my_dmap.txt

You find it in your current installed FM directory.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I came up with this;

Couldn't load image textures/darkmod/metal/flat/brush_steel_scratched01notiling_s

Will have a look at them this evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Serpentine! How is it hanging? :) I believe the gleeful\daysky-texture is a rudimentary texture, lurking in the Startmap rooms somewhere...

Any progress on the wooden step sounds? It may very well be as it is thought to be, but I just find it funny that the footsteps doesn't sound "rhytmic" when you run...

The following have moved or are custom defs:

Is most likely : textures/darkmod/nature/skybox/daysky

Is most likely : textures/darkmod/metal/flat/brush_steel_scratched01

You could be running an old version of TDM or have a custom map folder (eg stlucia) specified in your "Mod Base" setting under "Game" in the DR settings, bringing in these old materials. You can use the replace texture to change all occurrences to the new name, shouldn't be a problem.

Sounds wrong :

If you change surface type eg : wood->stone->wood->stone, the first step will not be played for some reason, the material itself seems to be correct however. Is this missing step meant to happen? it also happens if you jump from two different materials.

I also get a lot of "generic warnings" when I play...In-game all is well, but if I take a look at the console when I play (even others FM:s), there is a load of Warnings and Errors...I'm not at home at the moment so I can't name any specific Warnings but there are lots of them about...