The Dark Mod Forums

Alarm

Sotha

I'm implementing a basic alarm klaxon on my mission and am currently thinking how to set things up.

I've one question: is it possible to create a loud noise from a speaker, which the AI would hear and lure them to its location from a certain radius.

Essentially I'm thinking about a speaker, which would function as a noise arrow, with custom sound and larger radius. It would feel logical if the guards drew their swords if they hear the alarm.

Is this kind of thing implemented yet?

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I've already added this to bugtracker....

http://bugs.angua.at/view.php?id=2209

It might be possible to define one without any new code but I'm not sure.

Okay. Good to know. The proposal looks really good.

Luckily, I can emulate this by simply giving some stationary guards new targets upon alarm to have them rush to the alarm site.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I thought these things all needed special code for each one. So what we need is say:

File: alarm_sounds.def.....

entityDef sprGS_alarm_sound
{
"inherit" "atdm:propagated_sound_base"
"vol" "42.6"
"dur" "100"
"alert_factor"	"0.35"
"alert_max"	"9"
"editor_usage"	"Propagated alarm sound"
}

Then we just create a speaker where we want an alert.

Give it a suitable alarm sound (or could be silent ogg if we just want to cause an alert like I did in Alchemst.)

We give the speaker the spawnarg sprs_alarm_sound

So when we trigger the above speaker that would alert any AI within range? Have I understood this correctly?

[EDIT] Or do we instead give the speaker snd_alarm_sound <shader> as well as its s_shader <shader>?