The Dark Mod Forums

Predominance campaighn missions

Garreth

my first mission is finished, it is quite short, it (quite sucks) but i needed the intro in to the city and had to make alot of compromises, i had to rebuild it a few times and ran in to every problem the engine could have, i learned alot doing so,.. it will be a 5 or even 6 mission campaighn, released in loose missions, currently working at nr 2 wich is alot better, you will see it in a few weeks.

nuked

Edited by Garreth

Taf you, you taffin taffer

:blink: Then why should one play it and why don't you make it fun?

It is not THAT bad, it is just that i cant fix it properly since none of the stuff you see was in my original vision, of what it should have been.

first it was one big area, but you cant have a skybox that big, then i spitted it in two cropped bthe box some more, and the only thing i could do was put rocks around it, so the quarry was born.... that was where it started to suck. and gradualy went down.

i could rebuild it again in smaller areas, but i dont realy want to, in the end it works and i would be happy to leave it, i am just worried about all the ppl suiciding off the top of the mill. :)

Edited by Garreth

@Garreth,

Just looking at the map for 5 mins and found the following:

• The briefing needs correcting grammar and spelling wise.
  • The readable on the gate need the same as above.
  • The whole map needs visportaling.
  • The start area and drop down to the front entrance need addition work.
  • The mill has loads of gaps in the brushwork.
  • The water texture needs changing.
  • The tavern upstairs need compartmentalising, having one big empty room dosent gel.

I assume you haven't had this map beta tested yet..? Sorry to be harsh, but it needs work.

@Gareth, Ive had a quick look at the mission and to honest you shouldn't release it in its current state.

I can help you if you want, just drop me a PM.

i got back to building i deleted the entire floor, in order to visportalise the area i will rebuild the entire thing probably deleting the mill, it just to high and gives to much vision over the area.

but the readable was supposed to written by a moron,

only acces for hired workers, bribing guards will get both parties death penalty

Edited by Garreth

i removed most of of the shitty prts of the map and made realy nice defence walls, that lead to a underground loading dock.

now i kinda need help, how do i make water around my boat without using a water texture

i cut neatly around my boat but some brushes do not surface so, how do i resolve this?, and on the left side of the boat the water is simply not working.

i am supposed to be able to get to the hole in the wall.

bak - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?45s7ofjdsecw5qf

map - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oa0n631fn75adlc

i am building from scratch now, making new map segments, i was just wondering if i can make brushes in to water without need of a texture like for under a boat.

the channel is quite narrow for the boat hull to be cut with it having a surface side wich i can texture...

simply said there are brushes that dont have a surface side.

Edited by Garreth

yes I know, but what if i cant make the top have a water texture because it is under a slope side of a boat, or what if it is triangular?

also i have problems with making water in a cave it seems that when a certain amount of brushes are in the water brush, the water simply stops working, you just fall trough.

http://www.mediafire...00tn7hec1hl8my6

http://www.mediafire...axvwihtf6hze0cu

the water around the boat is completely messed up

and the water in the cave to, if i remove the brushes from the cave it works, i tryed everything it is just that if a brush penetrates the water, the water stops working, or is partialy screwed up.

Edited by Garreth

holy gods shit, wtf i spent 3 days on this, i did not know water was supposed to be an entity, because it just worked as it was, anyway this is fkn cool thanks all.

is EHR+ your mappers name? i need to know for the end credits of the capaighn.

Yes. Absolve the A-Z tutorial to test everything out before you start building a campaign spending many time on stuff you need to replace in the end because you didn't know even the basics (which you learn in the az tutorial)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager