The Dark Mod Forums

Map and testmap commands not recognized by Darkradiant

DevAnj

So I was trying out Darkradiant, and while following the tutorial everything went fine until I tried to use the "map" and "testmap" commands. Both commands are considered invalid with the Darkradiant installation I have. What could be the reason? The "dmap" command worked fine though, and I used it before trying to use the "testmap" and "map" commands.

Testmap and map commands are mentioned in Fidcal's tutorial: http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=A_-_Z_Beginner_Full_Guide_Start_Here%21

• Type and Enter map Tut/T001. Tip: Press the up arrow key toggles back through the history of what you have typed before so your dmap should re-appear. Just press the Home key and delete the 'd'. An alternative is to use 'testmap' instead of dmap which does both dmap and map but I prefer to see dmap's results.

Anyway, what possible reason could be for the testmap and map commands not to be recognized?

I think you're typing in the wrong console. I just checked and DR does accept a dmap command in its console, but you're expected to be using TDM's console for these commands.

(Also, it's unclear from its output whether DR's dmap is wholly equivalent to TDM's dmap; I don't see any runAAS output in its console log.)

Edited by VanishedOne
  • Like 1

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

So you're saying I have to go into Darkmod, open up its console and type those commands to work? If they are Darkmod only, then it would explain my problem, as I was typing them into Dark Radiant's console.

Anyway, why didn't the tutorial make this clear?

Sorry for the late reply, but just for information testmap is a command that does both dmap and map BUT it ignores leaks ( saves a point file tho), so you can open a WIP map with a leak, but strange visual stuff will be seen.

Edited by HMart