The Dark Mod Forums

About Localizing

Synergy

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, thanks for reply. :D

I don't think I understand. If I understand it right, is someone need to translete the english.lang to Turkish language. Well, me and my friend working for that since a few days and It's almost finished.

And also we have trouble with Turkish characters that: "Ğğ, İı, Şş, unlike Çç, Öö, Üü"

http://s24.postimg.org/4nh44sksz/The_Dark_Mod_Turkish_Characters.png

Same with some Romanian characters. The same problem was encountered by the Russian translation team (but they found a way to change the code).

Far as I understand, if they don't exist in the font the game uses, we are better off to use some equivalent of the english keyboard. If you can combine some letters to make them sound appropriately.

For example Ș in romanian I replaced with sh or simply s (because the person who knows romanian already knows that I mean ș with s).

The game simply doesn't read characters like â, ă, î, ț et cetera...

I hope you understand. Reviewing the font code the game uses is a lot of work, not sure if anyone is ready or capable of doing it at the moment. Until then, better to use the placeholder english letters instead of the national Turkish alphabet.

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Hello, Synergy!

Welcome to the club! :D Good luck with your translation. Although it might be difficult and here's why:

According to this page The Dark Mod uses the following encodings:

The symbols İ, ı, Ğ, ğ, Ş, ş are not presented in any of them (only ISO-8859-3, ISO-8859-9, Windows-1254).

Same with some Romanian characters. The same problem was encountered by the Russian translation team (but they found a way to change the code).

I wrote you the solution, and offered my help, but you said you would do it on your own :D

Edited by charisma
  • Like 1

Good answer Charisma. Couldn't have wrote it better myself.

Problems took over, so all I did was a simplified version, which hopefully will get into the next version of the game. There is no excuse for me.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

• 1 year later...

Hate to beat a dead horse and all that jazz, but for some reason the letters are screwed again.

Is it possible if in one of the updates something got changed? The last working thing is supposed to be here with "tdm_base01.pk4"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B82Nuxua9A8DNEZjTFg2N3ZNOVU/view?usp=sharing

badge?user=andarson

Maybe something got messed up in 2.04 or 2.05? Or in the recent hotfixes? This tdm_base01.pk4 has the only working romanian character set that exists. What we have now messes up again ș, ț, ă.

The updater downloads the wrong version of tdm_base01.pk4.

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

badge?user=andarson