The Dark Mod Forums

Whispering Hills and Thief in Skyrim

Kurshok

If modders can recreate Silent Hill's Centralia in Fallout 4, why can't we recreate The City and surrounding lands in Skyrim? I don't know how to mod, but what if we found a modder who was both a fan of Elder Scrolls and Thief Original Trilogy?

On 3/1/2021 at 6:48 AM, chakkman said:

How many more "What if...?" threads are you planning to create? :) If you have an idea, go for it. If you can't mod, learn to mod. It's not like everything will be made for you, just because you have an idea in your head.

I have a confession: I'm both autistic and not in a good place financially or socially to do it. So when you go smugly telling me "Why don't you just DO IT?" it makes me think you're being a douche.

Since when is money needed to mod a game. And since when are players known for beeing social. I always thought the whole point of having a hobby behind a computer screen is to stay away from society.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

4 hours ago, Kurshok said:

I have a confession: I'm both autistic and not in a good place financially or socially to do it. So when you go smugly telling me "Why don't you just DO IT?" it makes me think you're being a douche.

Two things: I also have my "fair share" of mental health issues, but, I don't go around and tell everyone, or take it as an excuse for my lack of willingness to tinker with the things I'm expecting others to do for me. If anything then you are being the smug here. And, second, even if you found someone who is willing to take your ideas, and do something with them. When do you expect something like this would be finished? I'd give you a rough estimate of 10 years, when you find 1 or 2 people willing to take the job for you. And then?

Really, if you need to go around, expecting unrealistic stuff, and then call someone a douche who tells you the truth, then your autism is the least of your problems.

• Thanks 1