The Dark Mod Forums

Looking for a voice actor for a character who lives in isolation (and therefore easily gone mad)

JackFarmer

I still need a second  NPC voice actor for my upcoming mission. It's about a person who is stuck in the level and will have all sorts of things to report over a loudspeaker system and who is between scared, desperate and hysterical but all with a funny undertone. So things like: "How could that have happened to me? Now, of all times, when I only have to fulfill another 35 months of my three-year contract!

Any new or old volunteers here?

Andros (Jonus Thorunsson, an Inventor) and Malasdair (The Thief) are already on board.

• Like 1

I could give it a shot, but neither am I sure how good a voice actor I am nor if my equipment is good enough. I only have a standard headset or USB-microphones for SingStar. But if the character can only be heard over loudspeaker, the (possibly) subpar quality may actually not be that noticeable. If you like, you can just send me the lines (and some context) and I can see, how it goes.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 7:21 PM, JackFarmer said:

Hello Destined,

Sorry, I forgot to update this thread last nite; NH will take this part.

Anyways, thank you for your offer, that's really very kind of you! :)

Jack

Hello. Is there still any role left ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petike the Taffer said:

Hello. Is there still any role left ?

In fact, since today I have been playing with the idea of adding more recorded messages in certain rooms. I'll get back to you if I follow up on the matter. However, we haven't finished the other narration texts yet, so maybe we won't add anything with additional audio recordings after all as I would like to start beta first week of April.

Thank you for your offer!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• OrbWeaver

Does anyone actually use the Normalise button in the Surface inspector? Even after looking at the code I'm not quite sure what it's for.
      · 4 replies
    • Ansome

Turns out my 15th anniversary mission idea has already been done once or twice before! I've been beaten to the punch once again, but I suppose that's to be expected when there's over 170 FMs out there, eh? I'm not complaining though, I love learning new tricks and taking inspiration from past FMs. Best of luck on your own fan missions!
      · 4 replies
    • The Black Arrow

I wanna play Doom 3, but fhDoom has much better features than dhewm3, yet fhDoom is old, outdated and probably not supported. Damn!
      Makes me think that TDM engine for Doom 3 itself would actually be perfect.
      · 6 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

Maybe a bit of advice ? In the FM series I'm preparing, the two main characters have the given names Toby and Agnes (it's the protagonist and deuteragonist, respectively), I've been toying with the idea of giving them family names as well, since many of the FM series have named protagonists who have surnames. Toby's from a family who were usually farriers, though he eventually wound up working as a cobbler (this serves as a daylight "front" for his night time thieving). Would it make sense if the man's popularly accepted family name was Farrier ? It's an existing, though less common English surname, and it directly refers to the profession practiced by his relatives. Your suggestions ?
      · 9 replies
    • nbohr1more

Looks like the "Reverse April Fools" releases were too well hidden. Darkfate still hasn't acknowledge all the new releases. Did you play any of the new April Fools missions?
      · 5 replies