The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief (2021/11/20)

Bienie

OMG I loved this. It's not one of the giant ultra-fancy FM's like Iris, but it did so much so well! Great in every aspect... visuals, story, gameplay, performance, even had more dynamic objectives that broke a bit from the ordinary patterns. I found less than half the loot in this one though, likely missed many optional areas and secrets... not good, will have to go back in or replay to see what I've missed. From those wonders that I did find...

Spoiler

By the gods I love Willard, best crazy Easter egg character you could run into :D I didn't even leave him knocked out since he's such a cool guy... hope he didn't mind. If TDM NPC's had a chatbot ability I'd have probably asked him "excuse me, I'm stuck trying to find that key, can you at least give me a hint on where to find it so I can rob the rest of your house"?

I also need to find out what to do with a certain cute mouse. I visited the sewers but didn't find any more clues as to what else I could do there. Wonder if the post above mine is accurate or just a metaphor... really need to go back and play the rest of this to find out.

As for a certain poem I was thinking to myself: As he frobbed the orbs, his blackjack slowly became the selected weapon :P

Managed to find two bugs worth noting, both in the same area:

Spoiler

cos0_thief(2023-11-1205-19-56)(1189-769.01-962.75).thumb.jpg.318786d9080f731ff7569595c3308cc4.jpg

Whatever is supposed to be behind the torture dungeon guard, it appears as a black box so it's an invalid entity.

Also I tried knocking him out for fun: The main objective becomes deselected even if I already placed the thief on the straw bed, and it's not failed either so the run doesn't end. So if I sneak behind the guy and knock him out the FM silently locks up I imagine.

Edited by MirceaKitsune

On 11/12/2023 at 4:39 AM, MirceaKitsune said:

From those wonders that I did find...

Spoiler

The is a mission objective where you have to find someones petrat. But I think you have to find a letter or something and then the misson objective is added. I think it's somewhere in the streets.

7 minutes ago, datiswous said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The is a mission objective where you have to find someones petrat. But I think you have to find a letter or something and then the misson objective is added. I think it's somewhere in the streets.

Thanks: Did that and more yesterday. Found most of the loot and roughly half the secrets, a few of them with the hints here; The thing that seems to get us in those FM's is knowing which windows are openable and which are just decorations, there are so many you can go through in areas I didn't imagine the player could climb to till I traced back the steps and saw how it's done.

• 4 months later...

I had to look up some things, because the chest in the hideout wouldn't part with its contents. Couldn't target them at all =(
Still ended up missing about 400 coins. But honestly, it was a blast of a mission.
I was running back and forth and kept missing windows and such (I did not find two other secret compartments in the apartment. And I'm still wondering how he pinned that to himself =P)