The Dark Mod Forums

Deleting Old Model Structure

Springheel

It's actually easier to do it manually than to redo everything else, I think. I'm fairly certain Oddity is the only person that would have updated any files in those folders.

Oddity, do you remember uploading anything to the models/chars, models/md5 or model/weapons folder since the middle of December, except for the broadhead.lwo this week? If not, then I'll use my backup to restore those folders.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have replaced the folders on my local build and then commited them using CVS. Is that all I need to do?

I did add the files, or at least tried to.

The files are present on my local build, but when I select them, the option to 'add selection' is greyed out. I can only "commit" them, which I did. Obviously that didn't work, so what do I need to do?

I did add the files, or at least tried to.

The files are present on my local build, but when I select them, the option to 'add selection' is greyed out. I can only "commit" them, which I did. Obviously that didn't work, so what do I need to do?

Hey Spring, I'll back up my current install...which is up to date...except for your changes. Then I'll do a complete checkout to get what is on CVS. After that, I'll put it all back together. Should be able to do it tonight. :)

Thanks NH, but I may have figured out the problem. I deleted the "cvs" folders that were saying the files already existed, and now it's letting me add them again. Hopefully that will do the trick. If not, then we'll do it your way. :)

edit: committing them is taking forever...

Ok, I have replaced the models/chars, models/md5 and models/weapons folders along with the all the subfolders and files found within. Hopefully that fixes everything.

Maps will still need to be modified, but no def files should be affected.

I haven't had a chance to do a full checkout yet, but everything should be back to normal except for the broadhead.lwo Oddity uploaded last week.

What about the model used for the lightgem, was that moved? The reason I ask is that in my copy, the new lightgem is now always pitch black. Could it be failing to load the model if it was moved?

[EDIT: Yeah, looks like the lightgem was moved. From the way Spar set it up, it looks like we just have to change the cvar "dm_lg_model" to the new structure, "models/darkmod/props/misc/lightgem.lwo" Then we have to change the defaults in the code when we get the chance]

Well, that's something else that wouldn't be needed for the editor...would it be easier if I just made a spot for it using the old folder structure? That would mean having two 'props' folders, which might be confusing, but if it's a lot of work otherwise, I'll do it.

It should just be a matter of changing the cvar to the new path.

@Sparhawk: Can you think of any reason why the lightgem still wouldn't work when the cvar is changed to the new model path? Does that #DEFINE have to be changed after all?

@Oddity: Sorry for the trouble, but would it be possible to re-upload the broadhead model you did with the origin changed? That one was working great for testing the new projectile system.

@Odd: Thanks again

@Spar: I reloaded the map but the lightgem is still completely black. Have you tested it with the current CVS version?

It should work from this code, but maybe for some reason cv_lg_model.GetSring is returning null?

if(strlen(cv_lg_model.GetString()) == 0)
		mapEnt->epairs.Set("model", DARKMOD_LG_RENDER_MODEL);
	else
		mapEnt->epairs.Set("model", cv_lg_model.GetString());

Found the problem with the lightgem, the .mtr file wasn't updated with the new structure, since the texture was in with the model. Rope arrow mesh is still missing :)

You know, it might be less of a pain to just put the lightgem back where it was. Since the old lightgem was saved in the configuration files, and updating people's config files is a bad idea since that would get rid of everyone's keybindings, everyone is going to have to either open up their DoomConfig.cfg and edit in the new path, or set the archived cvar in the console. Maybe it would be simpler just to put it back where it was?

Well, that's something else that wouldn't be needed for the editor...would it be easier if I just made a spot for it using the old folder structure? That would mean having two 'props' folders, which might be confusing, but if it's a lot of work otherwise, I'll do it.

On second thought, yeah. It's not that much work for individuals, but it might be a lot of work letting everyone know and getting everyone to edit their DoomConfig.Cfg files and put in the new path.

Ok, I'll move it back tonight. I'll look into the rope mesh as well.

Ok, I moved the lightgem files back to their original location. I also fixed the environmental folder, which apparently hadn't been added (sometimes folders show up with that little symbol that suggests they're part of CVS when they actually aren't...strange).

It should be all fixed now, but let me know if it's not.