The Dark Mod Forums

Possible Menu Concept

Springheel

Seeing as there was a lot of support for a stained-glass style menu, I've been working on some ideas for one. This is a work in progress, obviously. I'm not terribly happy with the city scape...I'm thinking of trying more of a medium shot closer to the buildings. But I just wanted to show you how it is progressing.

menu10wip.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to be honest, I'm getting nowhere fast with this concept. Remember how I said menus weren't my strong suit? Well, I've been spending lots of time on it with little to show for it, and at the moment I think my time is best spent elsewhere. Anyone else that wants to have a go at this, feel free. I'll post some of the other ideas I had shortly.

Here's what I had at the point I left off...I'll upload it to the ftp site tomorrow.

menu10-1wip.jpg

Here's what I had at the point I left off...I'll upload it to the ftp site tomorrow.

Do we need that ring around the clock? It looks so gameish.

I would say that it might look better if it were simply put into a clocktower. Maybe with a more bright colourscheme then the background.

And it doesn't need to be sqaure in the center. Think of the T2 loading screen. The clocks where part of a picture and still served as progress meters.

Edited by sparhawk

Gerhard

This may also be a bit gamey for sparhawk, but howabout the ring rotates (possibly with the hands of the clock) as you glide your mouse over the options?

I thought this should have been used for the load progress.

But using something like that for the options seems fine. What I meant was not the clock in itself, rather how it is presented here.

BTW: I removed the reference to .NET from you help required posting. We don't need that as .NET is something different and not used in Doom 3 coding.

Edited by sparhawk

Gerhard

I've uploaded it to the Concept Art section of the ftp site. It's called Menu10-1wip.psd.

It's saved as a PS5.5 file.

I don't know, who is working on one other than Pak? I haven't assigned this to anyone specific.

You see? That's what the PM tool is for.

Or just reading. ;)

I'm getting nowhere fast with this concept. Remember how I said menus weren't my strong suit? Well, I've been spending lots of time on it with little to show for it, and at the moment I think my time is best spent elsewhere.

I don't know if that was too obtuse.... I haven't been able to do anything with the concept that I like. After many many hours, I'm no further ahead than when I started, so I'm leaving the menu to other people.

I'm happy to advise or tinker with other people's concepts, but I don't have the time or expertise to do one from scratch.