The Dark Mod Forums

Updated Arrows

Springheel

I looked at the new arrows up close, and the feathers are far too small. They definitely need to stick out further from the shaft than they do now.

I'll photoshop it tonight. I was playing around yesterday with noise arrows (which use the same model at the moment, right?) and noticed that they are quite thin now. It's not a big deal for the arrow shaft and head, but the feathers look too small.

You're the second person to mention that. I didn't have a problem with the originals either.

I don't feel strongly either way (except the new ones would definitely need larger feathers). However if there aren't enough people who feel these arrows are an improvement, perhaps we should go back to the originals.

If anyone has strong feelings about it, speak now. :)

I honestly don't remember the originals, much. But if they were freakish large, then something between the two might be best, because these are a bit on the tiny side.

Damn you, necessary perspective corrections! The bane of us all.

I didn't find them too large personally...in fact, I thought they looked a little bit shorter. Just my opinion, but I feel they definately looked better. I say we switch back to them.

Here's the original thread that shows the comparison shots:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showt...roadhead++arrow

None of the screenshots showed the fletching of the new arrows which was why I missed them. I do like the shape of the head better, but I'm more comfortable with the size of the original arrow model.

Resizing Dram's model might be the best option.

Yeah I posted elsewhere that I found the originals were easier to frob/tell if you're frobbing them. Now when I shoot a noisemaker (that does use the same model) in anything but fullbright, it's hard to find it again. I do like the head shape of the new ones better though, but we might have to make them a bit bigger than their RL equivalents since they seem pretty small due to perspective scrunching or something.

Yeah Spring, that thred you linked to was just a comparative shot between the same arrow, but resized. Those shots are the old arrow head.

I can resize my arrow if you want, or we can revert to originals. Either one.

Yeah Spring, that thred you linked to was just a comparative shot between the same arrow, but resized

Isn't that the new arrow you post further down in the same thread?

I can resize my arrow if you want, or we can revert to originals. Either one.

Let's give yours a try. Can you resize it to be similar to the original in size?

Isn't that the new arrow you post further down in the same thread?

Mine's with the dark feathers, so I think it may be there somewhere.

Let's give yours a try. Can you resize it to be similar to the original in size?

Sure. I still have the original so it will be easy.