The Dark Mod Forums

Resources Donated - Str8g8 From Ttlg

New Horizon

I asked str8g8 from ttlg if we could use his custom T3 resources from him FM, The Bridge and he has given us his blessing. There are a lot of static meshes in here that can be used 'as is' or further broken down into smaller set pieces....and of course, given multiple skins. :) He said there are also environmental textures in there as well.

All the textures are in .dds format, with mip maps.... which will be fine for us as we will be switching over to .dds completely fairly soon.

The models just need to be converted from .max to .lwo.

Here is the link

http://newhorizon.veledan.com/t3resource_pack_str8g8.rar

Do we have anyone we can assign to getting these assets game-ready? I have been adding a few from Odd's package here and there, but I'm not really the best person for the job, as a lot of the stuff is beyond me.

I don't want to see these resource packages just sit around, though.

Any modelers/mappers out there need something to do?

Do we have anyone we can assign to getting these assets game-ready? I have been adding a few from Odd's package here and there, but I'm not really the best person for the job, as a lot of the stuff is beyond me.

I don't want to see these resource packages just sit around, though.

Any modelers/mappers out there need something to do?

I think they just need to be converted to lwo and they should retain the info for the textures...but until we switch over to .dds completely, they may not show up ingame since they'll have to go in the dds folder....I think.

Possibly, but I doubt they've stuck around. Any objections to getting our beta-mappers involved?

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't even looked at them. I just finished going through Odd's files and importing the simpler ones yesterday. There are still about thirty or forty architectural models in his pack to look through.

These ones need to be converted, right? What program is needed for that?

I haven't even looked at them. I just finished going through Odd's files and importing the simpler ones yesterday. There are still about thirty or forty architectural models in his pack to look through.

These ones need to be converted, right? What program is needed for that?

I 'think' 3ds max is needed to convert them to something else, but I'm not sure. No hurry, was just wondering if anyone had looked at them yet. :) There are some really nice models in there.

As I am the only 3dsmax user on this forum (at least I think so...) I can try to do this job. Recently I have less time for modeling than I expected to have so this job may be not done for tomorrow... ;)

As I am the only 3dsmax user on this forum (at least I think so...) I can try to do this job. Recently I have less time for modeling than I expected to have so this job may be not done for tomorrow... ;)

Basically, we just need to get them converted to .lwo. They're already textured. :)

I just took a look at this package. All static meshes are in .tim format (T3ed), not max... AFAIK Shadowspawn has made convertion tool between TIM adn MAX format files. I'll try to get this.

Or there is another option - to contact st8g8 once for and ask him for the .max format files...

Basically, we just need to get them converted to .lwo. They're already textured.

I suppose they might be not in proper scale as well...

I just took a look at this package. All static meshes are in .tim format (T3ed), not max... AFAIK Shadowspawn has made convertion tool between TIM adn MAX format files. I'll try to get this.

Or there is another option - to contact st8g8 once for and ask him for the .max format files...

I suppose they might be not in proper scale as well...

The max files are included in the package, I think you missed the maxfiles.rar inside the package that you downloaded. Forty three .max files to be precise. :)

K, I've gotten them all converted to lwo with Deep Exploration. I'll create temporary material files to test them ingame and see if they need to be resized.

Edit:

Wow, I was totally under the wrong impression as to how many objects there were in this package. Seems that T3 stores multiple models in one file...so when I converted the 43 max files, I noticed that there were many models scattered throughout the lwo's in lightwave. I thought it was some type of error, but it turns out that I just need to separate the models into individual lwo's. This is going to take awhile, but in the end we should have over 100 new static meshes to play with . :)

Small update.

I've begun breaking the lwo's down into individual models. That grouping crap that T3Ed does is another sign of how they had to cram everything together as tight as possible. Those poor guys, they must have been driven nuts. At any rate, I'm setting them aside for the night...want to relax before work. I'll sit down and go through a few more tomorrow. I'll probably setup the material files as I go. Going to take awhile, but it should be worth it. :)

Hmm.... I think there's no need for two people doing the same job... I'm just after installing 3DS Max 5.1 to get the Ion Storm shader. Without it it's very hard to figure out what texture is used by what object. As you said it's more than one hundread of models....

I've begun breaking the lwo's down into individual models. That grouping crap that T3Ed does is another sign of how they had to cram everything together as tight as possible. Those poor guys, they must have been driven nuts.

It's not T3ed engine issue. They're just grouped in max files by Str8g8 - for easier workflow. T3ed model files are .tim files and they're separate models.

---

So - do you want to do this or let me continue...?

Just out of curiosity, what kind of assets are we looking at? I was going to make a list of more mansion models we need, but I guess I should wait to see what's in this package.

• 2 months later...
I'm probably around halfway through and already I have 48 models. I should probably start writing material files for them and uploading to CVS.

How is progress coming on these?