The Dark Mod Forums

Updated Materials

Dram

Ok, this evening I spent time fixing all the materials (other then what gild did obviously) to use the hybrid frob code. It's all done and up on cvs, but please for the love of god, any future materials made PLEASE write the hybrid frob code for yourself, because it's just a pain doing it for hundreds of them. Well anyways, it's done and on cvs :)

Nono, it's the hybrid frob code which lights it up less in the dark then in the light etc. Oh whatever, Gild needed to do this and I offered to do it so yeah, it's done.

Basically added frob code to all the object materials.

Weren't we going to apply those only to objects the player could lift/interact with? Or does the frobcode in the material have to be activated somewhere before it takes effect in game?

Weren't we going to apply those only to objects the player could lift/interact with? Or does the frobcode in the material have to be activated somewhere before it takes effect in game?

Has to be added in the entity browser as 'frobbable'..or something of that nature. The frob code just allows any material to hilight since frobbably objects can be made from within the editor.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• nbohr1more

The FAQ wiki is almost a proper FAQ now. Probably need to spin-off a bunch of the "remedies" for playing older TDM versions into their own article.
      · 1 reply
    • nbohr1more

Was checking out old translation packs and decided to fire up TDM 1.07. Rightful Property with sub-20 FPS areas yay! ( same areas run at 180FPS with cranked eye candy on 2.12 )
      · 3 replies
    • taffernicus

i am so euphoric to see new FMs keep coming out and I am keen to try it out in my leisure time, then suddenly my PC is spouting a couple of S.M.A.R.T errors...
      tbf i cannot afford myself to miss my network emulator image file&progress, important ebooks, hyper-v checkpoint & hyper-v export and the precious thief & TDM gamesaves. Don't fall yourself into & lay your hands on crappy SSD

· 7 replies
    • OrbWeaver

Does anyone actually use the Normalise button in the Surface inspector? Even after looking at the code I'm not quite sure what it's for.
      · 7 replies
    • Ansome

Turns out my 15th anniversary mission idea has already been done once or twice before! I've been beaten to the punch once again, but I suppose that's to be expected when there's over 170 FMs out there, eh? I'm not complaining though, I love learning new tricks and taking inspiration from past FMs. Best of luck on your own fan missions!
      · 4 replies