The Dark Mod Forums

Main Menu During Game

Springheel

I don't think it did--if you post the relevant part here I can add it in (IIRC you're working with an older version).

On that note, Napalm, whenever you get something finished and working, you should commit the changes. Don't feel like you have to get everything done before making any updates, or we could run into merging problems where changes have been made by someone else in the meantime. I've wanted to work on some more graphics updates for example, but I don't want to mess up what you're working on.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all set up and got everything downloaded. I'm just trying to get everything I want done so the menus we have are complete, and every time I iron out one little bug it causes something else, I guess can seeing how that could happen trying to do something as simple as add in music code, it makes sense that trying to get everything bug free could cause that :rolleyes: . Anyways I'll be on holiday next week so I'll hopefully get EVERYTHING done once and for all.

I dont' know if this is your area -but on the control binding screen, you can click on two fields at the same time if your mouse cursor is between them at the right spot - I guess their collision boxes are overlapping. It causes some strange things to happen when binding but nothing critical.

I think I can help with this. When I changed the .gui file for the main menu for the longer version of the song, I noticed this effect, too. I noticed that it played through completely after it has been cut off and restarted - what happened: in the definition for the credits screen a timer reset on 90000 was defined. For some reason it triggered the music reset, even if you didn't click the credits. I got rid of the effect by including the time reset into an if-condition that is only true when credits has been actively clicked.

I'm not sure if the change got merged in, I'll check the code at home.

That sounds like we found the problem. :)

• 1 month later...

OK, guess this is the correct place to mention it.

When starting the Mod, the splash screen with clock.

The clocks hour hand suggests that it is about 5 minutes to midnight, but the minute hand suggests it is 11:20

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

• 3 weeks later...
I'm all set up and got everything downloaded. I'm just trying to get everything I want done so the menus we have are complete, and every time I iron out one little bug it causes something else, I guess can seeing how that could happen trying to do something as simple as add in music code, it makes sense that trying to get everything bug free could cause that . Anyways I'll be on holiday next week so I'll hopefully get EVERYTHING done once and for all.

Ok, this was posted three months ago. Is there any progress here? Has Napalm disappeared?