The Dark Mod Forums

Jc Denton Another Step Closer To A Reality

Unstoppable

Well it's about time. What took you so long, guys? Garrett had this, like, centuries ago. And his had a built-in zoom function. Does yours have a built-in zoom function? I think not.

Scientists these days. So bloody slow. ;)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Hey, I'm not picky. I'll take microfibral muscle or run silent/speed enhancement, but damn, I'd love to have a ballistic shield. :blush: For now though, these "bionic eyes" are far from a becoming a substitute for the real thing--but perhaps in 30 years things might be different...

Edit:

Where did the drone launch out from it what I'm wondering!

I don't recall where the aug slot for the spy drone was. Was it cranial, maybe? With Invisible War, I always figured the spy drone was actually one of your eyes, although Alex would have to have been able to regenerate said eye to do so.

I'm waiting for the Aggressive Defense System, then I can walk down the bad parts of town all cocky, goading thugs into shooting me & watching as the nanoparticles detonate their bullets in their face B)

It would be more effective to get those thugs jobs and educations, in the long run. :)

Oh look, theres a soapbox, let me get down off of it....

That article talked about the USC medical team that's testing and surgically implanting the devices, but nowhere did they mention the team that actually designed fabricated the devices. That's nice <_<. In the spirit of giving credit where credit's due: http://www-eng.llnl.gov/mic_nano/mic_nano_retinal.html

@Crispy: It's probably so slow because everything experiment on humans has to have its "ethics" approved. :)

@Crispy: It's probably so slow because everything experiment on humans has to have its "ethics" approved. :)

Pah! Ethics. Back in Garrett's day they didn't bother with this "ethics" rubbish... newfangled philosophical *muttergrumblemutter*...

;)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.