The Dark Mod Forums

Electrical Streetlamps

Baddcog

Arghh. All my lamps were originally trans. So goes progress I guess. They had lightbulbs before though, now they don't. I'm not sure I like trans without bulbs, looks to empty. Unless it's magic.

I do like that model tweq though.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Even gas lights are pretty modern to me, I prefer flame lights only personally. I really didn't like such modern stuff as the Thief 2 Bank

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

I thought most of the lamps were electrical, hence antenea. But I have noticed only mine seem to have antennea for the most part.

Which is fine, the glass on those kindof looks like it hhas been stained by smoke.

Mine are a little cleaner glass wise. Maybe a little newer looking to.

-----

As far as that goes also, might as well bring it up here. It was asked on TTLG if we would have the 'light balls' which was misunderstood as will o wisps.

It was actually a reference to the particles atop the lights in T2. I was thinking about it myself but never brought it up.

Do you guys mind if I add particles to the antennea? (bad speeling this morning) see what I mean, no time to edit.

I think they would look good and help draw attention to the fact that the electrical tesla current is going somewhere.

The very first thing I ever saw in Thief was the street lamp outside the front entrance of Bafford's, with the magic ball and the particals buzzing. I was mezmerized!

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

I'm with Komag in that I don't really like to see a lot of electrical lights. Actually, I never interpreted those "glowy ball" lights as electrical, I always figured they were magic.

Do you guys mind if I add particles to the antennea?

As part of a prefab? Or do you mean just making the particle itself? Either way, it's fine, though it's best if we can use the model with or without the particle.

The very first thing I ever saw in Thief was the street lamp outside the front entrance of Bafford's, with the magic ball and the particals buzzing. I was mezmerized!

My first time, I instantly tried to put it out. Then again, I still hadn't realized that I wouldn't be attacked on the street and knocked out the drunk civilian that walks by you.

I'm with Komag in that I don't really like to see a lot of electrical lights. Actually, I never interpreted those "glowy ball" lights as electrical, I always figured they were magic.

I don't mind the electrical lights. I didn't really think much about what powered the "glowy ball" lights, but if I had I might well have decided they were magic. Which doesn't mean they can't be electrical in TDM of course.

@Nyar: I didn't think the civilian was drunk. (Although I also knocked him out on my first time!) Maybe you're thinking of the guard near the well?

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I think it might be how the civvie sways somewhat while walking (all characters do this, mind you), that made me think he was drunk. Of course, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure he wasn't actually drunk. Seeing Benny drunk in front of the shed probably inspired me to associate the civvie's walk with being drunk.

The sad thing is I never got past The Sword--Thief's Guild just seemed to suck the fun out of the game. I should really get back and finish the OMs.

Finally, someone who made it through less of the game than me. I got stuck in Return to the Cathedral. Too many frickin' zombies, not enough places to hide. :P (I did finish T2 though.)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Auto post :D

I never associated the light balls as magic, it was clear to me it was an electric thing. Of course as stated below I started with T2 and everything was more electric/mechanical. I suppose if I had started with T1 and had seen more of the 'magic' stuff first I might have also thought that.

Yeah, I guess they would be prefabs, or enitities. So I guess they could be used either way.

--------

Add one, I played bafford demo. Then T2, then Dromed. Then Bafford Demo, then some of T1, then T3. Then some of TG.

Never actually finished all of the T1 levels but have at least started and played some of all of them. I just got hooked on Dromed too fast.

Finally, someone who made it through less of the game than me. I got stuck in Return to the Cathedral. Too many frickin' zombies, not enough places to hide. :P (I did finish T2 though.)

Wow! That's a critical spot. Pretty much the critical spot. Do you know what happens after that, and ultimately? (I'm guessing you must, even if from spoilers)

Wow! That's a critical spot. Pretty much the critical spot. Do you know what happens after that, and ultimately? (I'm guessing you must, even if from spoilers)

I have a general idea, from spoilers. I'm probably missing some detail though.

I liked the last part of T2. :( Well, I liked all of it really. I'm one of those people who prefers the emphasis T2 places on the steampunk tech as opposed to the mystical/spooky stuff from T1. Which is not to say the mystical/spooky stuff is bad; I'm just a wuss.