The Dark Mod Forums

Broken Sorrows...sorry Arrows Wip

TYROT

my fellow citizens!............ Goddamn it! wrong mod!

dear TEAM :)

I m uploading a secret shot ..sorry screenshot..(what s wrong with me today!)

Last night i was searching for archer's history. I made this firearrow for sparhawk. Others i made them for humanity... ...mmm..No...errr I guess I made them for......? !!! I dont remember.......mmmm for.......

mmm confused? yes...

In archer history web pages saying that archers were using different arrows for different purposes. I mean that big one for horses..the other one for cutting the ropes and strings... mmmm strings....... strange....very strange.......indeed...

best.... yes... .........mmmm...best.....beast may be......could be......ye...should be

(last note...at the very corner of the bow you may see little problem..well i see that too...That leather part will be more tightly connected to the bow.....Do NOT worry...look at me..am i worried?...no....i mean .. i m not worried..OK. i can fix it..Dont! push me...ok..I said..im not worried...goddamn it!dont look at me like this..voices...voices...voices....)(*)

(*) extendomodellia(latin): a common psychological problem among modellers. This sickness especially show itself after sending a screenshot and realizing a problem over there...Some extendomodellias shows anger, sensitivity to some polygonal errors...

also has been reported that under radiosity renders with the lack of "fprime" they can get easily suicidal. Of course we call those dumbasses "suicidalrendercies". So as you see the best thing is to eliminate them. !And burn them yes..Burn them! at the stake with all other witches..burn that heretics!.GHAHAHHA..Burn them!! .Let the ground suck their burning BLOOD! let the wind take away the smell of burnt flesh.........

-sir...mmmmm sir..!

-what! what now..Burning androids.....what!

- Sir this supposed to be a medical explanation...

-oh yes....im sorry....it will not happen again..

-i know sir..you were priest once...we know...sir.we are here to help you...

i shall never fail thee....o'mighty polybuilder..

modeller's oath

creepers journal

post-5-1102934865.jpg

Edited by TYROT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I m uploading a secret shot ..sorry screenshot..(what s wrong with me today!)

That bow looks great! :) Looks like a horsebow to me. You know. Like the Huns (sp? I mean the hungerian [not exactly] riders [Attila and such]) used from their horses.

Also the arrows look really cool :)

BTW: What's that spikey arrow for? The one with the double tips.

Gerhard

Fearsome looking bow!

Like Spar, I'd like to know what the various arrow tips are though, there seem to be three types of broadhead arrow.

And perhaps the arrow flights could be a little bigger.

BTW, exactly which types of arrow will our thief have anyway?

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

dear oDDity and Sparhawk

actually i was checking the almost every arrow image in the google search..There are hundreds of arrows with different structure.especially old days ...I can make it bigger. I was trying to make something in the middle bu sure i can make them bigger :)

and i made that bow yes little bit eastern style. Yes you can call it horsebow but i have seen in many ancient paintings that they were also using this kind of bow too in some tribes in europe...But not that much common..

But im not saying we should use them as a weapon in the game. I was even thinking to put this bow in somekind of merchant's house.. as a prop....Or a guard's room as a war memory item..you know..

Because in the game we should use more gothic bow for our animated characters. But i think i ll be modelling little bit more detail on that one.... And i think we should model different arrows for each fraction what do you think? Cuz as far as i learned archers are totally insane with the style of their bows and arrows.. So i think it would be nice to see all kinds of different bows around..

and the type of arrows.

The spikey one for cutting strings ropes. In many sea wars and other circumstances archers were using it to cut strings ropes.. We can even use it i n the game..think about this level .our Thief should rescue someone from execution. I mean he has to make a perfect shot with this arrow in order to cut the rope...So that arrow is in some merchant's house.so this can be a side mission.....i mean im just giving an idea..dont turn red! instantly!

You see firearrow below..

And normal arrow for lightshields.

And the last one (the bottom) is especially for horses and very heavy armour.

I was checking the size of the body structure somehow all of them was same. Just the tops are different. Probably in battle they were using different ones for different section of enemy armies..

best...

Edited by TYROT

Yes, we will have many enemies with bows as well, it'll be nice to have different models.

A rope cutting arrow! Imagine a guard spotting the player climbing a rope and cutting it down with that arrow, that would be fantastic I think. :ph34r:

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

actually i was checking the almost every arrow image in the google search..There are hundreds of arrows with different structure.especially old days ...I can make it bigger. I was trying to make something in the middle bu sure i can make them bigger :)

I think the size is ok. From what I remember when I was shooting a bow the flights were not THAT large and yours seem to be about the size I remember. Though that was quite some time ago, so my memory could be wrong.

and i made that bow yes little bit eastern style. Yes you can call it horsebow but i have seen in many ancient paintings that they were also using this kind of bow too in some tribes in europe...But not that much common..

I know. I didn't mean that it was wrong, just wanted to comment on which style this bow is.

But im not saying we should use them in the game. I was even thinking to put this in somekind of merchant's house.. as a prop....Or a guard's room as a war memory item..you know..

We can use this in the game. Why not? But I think for the archer guards we should use something more like an english longbow but not as big. I don't think that they would use this type of bow on guards.

Because in the game we should use more gothic bow for our animated characters. But i think i ll be modelling little bit more detailed that one....

Still it looks great as props anyway. :)

The spikey one for cutting strings ropes. In many sea wars and other circumstances archers were using it..

I never knew that there were so many different types of arrows. :) Of course in the game we shouldn't do that, at least not for the player, because it would be a pain to differentiate all these arrows and it wouldn't make sense for the game. And somehow I doubt that the players would know which arrow to choose on which target. :)

And normal arrow for lightshields.

This one is quite good. We can use it as our broadhead model.

I was checking the size of the body structure somehow all of them was same. Just the tops are different. Probably in battle they were using different ones for different section of enemy armies..

Yeah. Could be. Never heard of this before. :)

Gerhard

We can use it as our broadhead model.

We already have a broadhead model on the ftp site. Our crystal arrow model too. The only arrow model we don't have yet is the noise arrow, as I'm still waiting for the concept art.

These are very cool-looking, though, and could definitely work as some kind of weapons display or collection.

dear Springheel :)

I mean I know i should have finish black jack first. But i was trying to make that firearrow..Then something happened a blackout. I found myself with those...Of course we will use our own arrows already modelled.. I was really just making it for meshes and inspiration...

Sparhawk...Hey im NOT that much sensitive..Come on. It s so great to have an archer who can rightaway notice the type of bows.. I mean it s so great..

I ll be making a very stylish english LONGBOW ...in next update..

And black jack too. But i checked the net there is a black jack with 4 metal spheres in it.. That s all. I mean i just dont wanna make a Black stuff. If you have one link or image please ...send me..

And black jack too. But i checked the net there is a black jack with 4 metal spheres in it.. That s all. I mean i just dont wanna make a Black stuff. If you have one link or image please ...send me..

The blackjack should have no spike or such. Normally a blackjakc is something like a sock filled with lead (to hard for our case) or sand or such. The sand stuff I think has been used by slave merchants on their girlslaves, so they can knock them out but don't hurt them more then neccessary. Not out of their good heart, but because they didn't want to spoil the price. ;)

Gerhard

Here's the basic bow-shape I had in mind for the thief's bow...I have Darkness_Falls working on some better concept art.

bow.jpg

Did you get the Thievery link I sent you? I haven't seen a better picture for a bj than that:

http://www.thieveryut.com/weapon/blackjack.jpg

It's curved because a blackjack is a sock. It doesn't have any stiffness to it. Technically, it should not be standing straight up like the other Thief games, where it looked like a wooden club.

I'd love to have it look like a genuine pouch full of lead, hanging limply, but that might be hard to model. Something with at least a little bit of a bend to it, like below, would be ok.

thief3.jpg

dear Sparhawk!

Thanks for the historical info about black jack...Im visualizing so much better than earlier...Im even visualizing that slavegirls.....mmm yes...

May be i should...model...that slavegirl..........oh...sorry what im saying

"Hey slavegirl...my name is JACK....BLACKJACK.. what s yours?"

best

It's curved because a blackjack is a sock. It doesn't have any stiffness to it. Technically, it should not be standing straight up like the other Thief games, where it looked like a wooden club.

I'd love to have it look like a genuine pouch full of lead, hanging limply, but that might be hard to model. Something with at least a little bit of a bend to it, like below, would be ok.

your bj looks much better than the one from thievery.... ;)

dear springheel

im uploading 1st version. and i think i little bit mixed different ones. But ill be uploading your version too...Sorry it took little bit more.....RADIOSITY!!!(*)

best

(*) radiosity: It s common excuse among animators especially in rush schedules. this term is like the MOTHER of ALL excuses. Also in history, people were using this term as a primary excuse...Such as ...

"Oooops we have eaten the forbidden apple, Adam"

"yeah...Damn RADIOSITY...Go and pack your stuff we will leave tonight"

"Oh no...they will expel us from heaven....damn RADIOSITY"

"Yeah...damn RADIOSITY"

post-5-1102949047.jpg

Ok, here's one from me then. :)

That looks fine. You are right with the sloppy blackjack. It would be historically correct but it would probably look crappy on screen. Like a sloppy .... . :)

And if it would be made of hard leather it still would serve it's purpose while being more stiff. Actually I had a leather case for a watch and this one was also quite stiff, so this should be no problem.

Gerhard

im uploading 1st version. and i think i little bit mixed different ones. But ill be uploading your version too...Sorry it took little bit more.....RADIOSITY!!!(*)

Great! That looks perfect. :) I like especially that dented bit on the top. I hope this won't get lost when in-game. I always hate this perfect CG models that look as if they are fresh out of the plastic factory. We can add some details with normal maps like the leathery band and the tear where it is sewn together. Something like that.

Gerhard

I like it, TYROT, but can you stretch it out a bit so it is just a little longer? Right now it looks kind of short and stubby. What will the women think if our Thief is carrying a short and stubby bj? :)

edit: actually, maybe it doesn't need to be longer, just add some more wrapping further up the handle.

dear guys :)

Im uploading two different version..I made Springheel's version real quick..There will be no polygonal errors around the holding place..

Compare it... and decide it

I ll make the final version accordingly...

Best...

(Im out of jokes for today....)

post-5-1102951179.jpg

Edited by TYROT

Well I think tht's perfect, the sewing going up the side can be added with textures and normal mapped with the texture.

So our thiefs BJ will flop around like a limp penis, unlike Garrett and his permanant hard-on? ~Hm animation coud be problematic. Pity we couldn't just rely on physics.

BTW Tyrot, haven't you got FPrime yet? No waiting for radiosity renders with that plugin)

Edited by oDDity

- Emil Zola

character models site

Im uploading two different version..I made Springheel's version real quick..There will be no polygonal errors around the holding place..

I like both of them. I really can't decide which one would better.

I wonder how you do the wrapping. THis is always a thing that bothered me, because I never figured out how to make things that are twisting around/along another object.

Gerhard