The Dark Mod Forums

New Mansion Pack Requests

Springheel

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you already figure out, how to get the normalmap plugin working ? that's rather important, since oDDity can't  do the normalmaps for every single object....

no..check the topic about it

..i still cant export it into the proper fileformat

i am not ignoring the problem if you're pointing on that ;)

Edited by _Atti_

dear Atti,

I know it s not that much topic related but ..Man you are really a talented guy in all this kind of modelling...We are in the same boat actually.. Why dont you take a look little bit Lightwave..I mean of course keep your MAX for animation and stuff but for this kind of modelling Lightwave is a holy application..

Trust me.. And think about it.We have legendary oDDity in the team, I can help you whatever you ask about Lightwave with my knowledge...If you really not obsessed with MAX but using as a 3d application...Just try lightwave little bit. I personally can answer your every question...with in my knowledge..I can even try to make you for a basic video tutorials.....(after getting oDDity's technical review of course)

Lightwave(*) Light

Im telling you because im seeing your will to create and speed..With lightwave you can really reach beyond your imagination...

wave (*)

(Ok im even pushing you to read first step

1- Lightwave XYZ is different thanMAX (at least i remember it was different) your Z is our Y

2- Think about Lightwave as a 3d Photoshop.. You have LAYERS. You can export every layer differently or you can make them one layer..Just like in Photoshop

3- Forget your beatiful EDGES ..We dont have yet!!But the working style is 99 percent making your edge free guy

4- Lightwave (*)

5- Lightwave (*)

light Best......wave

(*) im trying to make (lightwave) mind control...Lightwave (*)

Edited by TYROT

thanks for the nice words

howver i dont really want to change to lightwave

i cant even use 3dmax full-fledged..i mean..

i learned modelling just because of modding,so i havent used many of its aspects yet..(animation,and even highpoly modelling is kinda new to me)

and i used 3dsmax all the time..i got used to it..i am just getting started to be happy about my progess in learning it:)

and i like edges:)

howver if there is no other way to export than i will learn using LW for exporting,normalmapping

Edited by _Atti_

dear Atti :) Lightwave :)

Goddamn it ..mind control is a crap..or at least it s not working with my browser...

you know .... i will really make an introduction video file...for you...Keep your MAX progress..Teach me ..i mean or let s learn together MAYA for animation exports..but really ...YOU have to try just for once..this lightwave... Just once...

Keep your old background...as it is...But not for this MOD only for many things..you will use it...im pretty sure..

We all love edges..But really We will have soon..hopefully in next release we have ...somekind of EDGY edges..:)

Ok...what do you say ..should we try make a just ten minutes of introduction to LW just for you..

Or you can download 3dBUZZ's LW stuff... But it s not that much inspirational..

what do you say..?

BEST

Edited by TYROT

And it certainly can be simulated with a normalmap, even if it's not quite as deep.

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle  *  A Reputation to Uphold  *  A New Job  *  A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules  *  Speedbuild Challenge  *  New Mappers Workshop  *  Building Traps

ehh..really:) thats not a hairbrush then:) howver maybe you could use it as a scretch-back:) an overused, and old one:)

ok. :) Now the hairbrush is to flat. Normaly a hairbrush is curved and the surface is oval. It doesn't have this spike.

But you are right, because we don't want to have "new" stuff all the way. It greatly improves the immersion if we also have used and broken stuff.

Gerhard

<shrug> Looks like a hairbrush to me.

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle  *  A Reputation to Uphold  *  A New Job  *  A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules  *  Speedbuild Challenge  *  New Mappers Workshop  *  Building Traps

hehe..as you see i am not a man of hairbrushes :))  could you plz show me a pic of how you think it should look like?

I don't have a closeup. The hairbrush is fine. Only thing is, that this "spike" (don't know how to call it) at the end of the body should be removed and the entire body made oval instead. And the body should have a little curved surface. Usually hairbrushes look like this.

Well, the curved surface may not be strictly neccessary, but I think the spike should be removed.

hairbrush.jpg

Gerhard