The Dark Mod Forums

New Mansion Pack Requests

Springheel

It doesn't matter that much, a shield like this probably wouldn't appear very often on a map anyway. Even if we do have to call the second instance 'shielmodel1' and give it a different shader. Changing the texture will be simple for any FM author if they want to design their own family crest.

Don't like this, but I have an idea that might work to avoid that. I must give it a try though.

Gerhard

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very flower-like. I like the design, but the base looks a little fragile to me, like it could tip over at any minute.

"Very flower-like."

yes you got the point;)

materials are metal and stone..al stone except the water'pipes' (that includes that fragile part you pointed at..)

or we can make the whole from metal if you like it more that way..

Edited by _Atti_

well if it will be BT who will texture these than its useless to make a hp ones since he wont use it anyways..

but if you want to texture some of these and you Need a highpoly version then i will make them for you..

sorry i tried uwv mapping several times but it drives me crazy..i tried Uwv ing one of the generators but after lots of hours of messing i stopped and i wasnt even close to finishing it..i also tried unwrapping the simple beer mug..i did it somehow in an hour or two but the normalmap still didnt work...so i feel useless to mess around days with a model while i bet there are people on the team who can do it more efficient...sry thats not my cup of tea..and without uwving i cant generate correct normalmaps..

Make high poly for all objects.

I can Uv and normal map them. Texture normal maps and geometry normal maps are two different things, and one is no substitute for the other.

I'm modeling the player arms and bow right now, and I actually have two bump maps blended together on it, a normal map generated from the geometry and a grayscale heightmap generated from the textures. THis is a very useful thing D3 has given us, so we should use it.

Especially for models with an amount of specularity, normals maps make quite a differece to how rounded and high poly they look.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Was in a modelling-mood today, so I modelled a victorian commode this afternoon:

550 tris and a 512x512 texture - here's a screen out of blender (so it doesn't have a normalmap), I hope that I'll be able to get it ingame tonight...

post-5-1106932584.jpg

Edited by BlackThief

Gimme a UV unwrapping and the texture and I'll make you a normal.

the normal is actually no problem, but I've serious problems converting it to lwo - the models is always screwed up :angry: I'm really getting mad - I've been working on this damn thing the whole day and now I can't get it ingame correctly <_<

maybe someone has an idea, what's wrong with it - here's the wireframe:

commode_wireframe.jpg

here's it with the diffusemap in deep exploration as ASE:

commode_ase.jpg

and that's how it looks as lwo - no matter which exportet I'm using:

commode_lwo.jpg

@ oDDity that's my personal mystery :ph34r::P

Edited by BlackThief

i've again tried to do Uwvs..

i made the unwrapping and the high poly of the bathtub but somehow i didnt manage to make a good normal map..

i've uploaded the models(in .obj) the map and my bad Uwv(in case anyone could tell the mistake i made from that) in a rar to Ftp..(tried to upload it here but it didnt let me upload it nor in .rar format neither disguised as .max)

it would be good if someone could finalize it..

i am getting back to work on the windows

nice commode btw.. we have one that looks nearly like that in the house

Edited by _Atti_

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! I won't update the model page until we get our new inventory system up and running, but this is good to see. :)