The Dark Mod Forums

Beta test my game, get paid

Crispy

Game creator has money, seeks beta testers for happy fun time and bug reports!

betacall.jpg

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Game creator has money, seeks beta testers for happy fun time and bug reports!

Doesn't look like you support linux? :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Thanks Dram! I responded to your email.

Doesn't look like you support linux? :)

Not yet, but I will at some point. :) Linux users should feel free to register their interest for doing beta testing at a later date.

Does one get their name on the credits for doing this beta-testing?

Hmm. I hadn't considered that. I'll probably have to say no, since the list would get quite long if I included everyone. You'd have to seriously impress me to get a special mention.

I think the potential payout is generous enough compensation on its own. :) If you're more looking for game testing experience though, this is certainly something that could go on a resume. As such, I'd be willing to give you a written reference if you did a good job and asked for one.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Thanks Dram! I responded to your email.

Not yet, but I will at some point. :) Linux users should feel free to register their interest for doing beta testing at a later date.

So count me up. :ph34r:

As for the credits, just include the people under betatesters. It is a very small thing for you (even if the list if 5 pages long) but people like to get this recognition. Just saying. :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Problem is, my credits list doesn't scroll. It's a fixed static page, and I don't really want to change that. :)

I could put people in a text file I suppose (there is a readme.txt) but that seems kinda lame. It's not like anyone would read the text file, so it's not much different to not being in the credits at all.

Still, if that's acceptable to the testers who want to be credited, then I'm willing to do that.

I misread this as "Beta test my game, get laid." I don't know if I'm disappointed or not.

:laugh:

Well, money has many uses... ;)

Hmmm, I guess not. I'd take the money, but having my name on the credits would be best, and a written reference is completely useless for my line of work.

Good luck with the game though. I love the Master of Orion feel you've sunk into it.

Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

Hmmm, I guess not. I'd take the money, but having my name on the credits would be best, and a written reference is completely useless for my line of work.

Fair enough.

Good luck with the game though. I love the Master of Orion feel you've sunk into it.

Thanks!

Btw, would you be interested in People testing the game in Wine/Cedega (aka an emulator under Linux)? You'd get that one free from me.

I'd be mildly interested to hear if it worked, but I'm not planning to support such configurations. I wouldn't try to fix it if it didn't work, since whether it works or not is mostly Wine or Cedega's problem, not mine. If it didn't work, there's not a lot I could do about it besides contributing patches to Wine, and I have zero interest in becoming a Wine maintainer. :)