20 replies to this topic

#1 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:23 PM

Gamestar is one of the biggest german gamenews magazines and in the current issue 04/2006 we are mentioned there. :)
  • RobertoLom likes this
Gerhard

#2 BlackThief

BlackThief

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1708 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:09 PM

only mentioned or is there an article about us? is it worth buying it? (I usually don't buy game magazines, but if it's worth it, I'll probably take one)

#3 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:52 PM

It's only a short mention. I didn't expect much more, since we are under development and they usually only mention mods when they are finished. I'm quite surprised that we were mentionet at all. :) I was writing an email about some other topic (John Carmacsk remark about the modding szene being dead) and mentioned our site as well. And the editor said he liked it a lot, and will mention it in the next issue. :)
Gerhard

#4 god_is_my_goldfish

god_is_my_goldfish

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:56 PM

The gaming mag I get, Computer Gaming World, has been continuously adding more and more stuff about mods, to the point where they actually review mods as if they were commercially released games. I definetly think we should send them a e-mail about us once we have something to show to the public.
http://www.thirdfilms. com
A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QpCej-ZIQeg

#5 Schatten

Schatten

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:36 PM

It's just 5 lines of text, but better than nothing I guess. :)

#6 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:15 PM

I don't think it does much good to get publicity before the game is near to completion. For a commercial game sure, but not for a mod.
Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#7 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:33 AM

Why not?
Gerhard

#8 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:31 AM

This game has quite a limited appeal. Anyone who'll really be into this should already know about it from keeping up with the general Thief scene, or doom mod scene.
ALso, people tend to forget about unfinished mods very quickly. THey get excited about it, come to the site, see it's a year away from completion, ask some dumb questons, and wander off again.
What benefits do you think we get from having articles in magazines so long before we're ready to show anything, apart from the 'wow, we got like mentioned in a *real* magazine and stuff!!!!11' factor?
I guess it just boosts our ego to think that game magazine editors are interested in our game enough to print something about it, even though it's far from release.
Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#9 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:30 AM

Right. Of course we shouldn't read to much into it, but it doesn't hurt either.
Gerhard

#10 sophisticatedZombie

sophisticatedZombie

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:03 PM

I, for one, will take as many 'wow, we got like mentioned in a *real* magazine and stuff!!!!'s as I can get. :P

#11 Macsen

Macsen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2101 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 07:44 AM

I'll try to get a mention of the mod in the paper here when Fing comes up to do his gee-tarr thang. :evil planning:

#12 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:22 AM

In the current issue of Gamestar 12/08 there is another short article about us. :) While I consider that good, the article is a bit missleading. Specifically it says that we are at version 1.0. Otherwise it's ok. :)
Gerhard

#13 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13661 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:24 AM

In the current issue of Gamestar 12/08 there is another short article about us. :) While I consider that good, the article is a bit missleading. Specifically it says that we are at version 1.0. Otherwise it's ok. :)

Would be really nice if they contacted us to get their facts straight. :) Still, nice to hear.

#14 Tels

Tels

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15024 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

Ah, cool, I have to buy that magazin then :)
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

#15 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:46 AM

I just had time to read it and it's not so bad. It's more a general article, because apparantely they included our mod on their DVD this time. They even mentioned that fan made mission. :D
Gerhard

#16 jdude

jdude

Uber member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4001 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:15 PM

holy SHIT :D Someone please buy this magazine and post scans!

#17 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:45 AM

I already bought it. :) Must see if I can scan the article somehow.

Hmmm... I considering renewing my subscription. I cancelled it some time ago, because I don't play so much anymore, but somehow I miss the news. :)
Gerhard

#18 Tels

Tels

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15024 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:52 PM

I already bought it. :) Must see if I can scan the article somehow.

Hmmm... I considering renewing my subscription. I cancelled it some time ago, because I don't play so much anymore, but somehow I miss the news. :)

If you want relevant gaming news, go to http://www.thedarkmod.com/ :laugh:

Which issue has the article? I am trying to get hold of one either tomorrow or on Saturday, and I can easily scan it (yeah for multi-devices :)
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

#19 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:32 AM

Which issue has the article? I am trying to get hold of one either tomorrow or on Saturday, and I can easily scan it (yeah for multi-devices :)

In the current issue of Gamestar 12/08 there is another short article about us. :)

Gerhard

#20 Tels

Tels

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15024 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

I tried to buy it, but out of the four places I tried on 2008-11-29, only 1 carried Gamestar, and despite it not even being December, the already replaced the magazines with the January 2009 edition. WTF?

#21 Crispy

Crispy

Uber member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4996 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:02 PM

I tried to buy it, but out of the four places I tried on 2008-11-29, only 1 carried Gamestar, and despite it not even being December, the already replaced the magazines with the January 2009 edition. WTF?

:laugh:

I know Christmas begins in November in retail-land, but that's just silly!
My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users