#1 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2550 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:11 PM

Here's the link for the Thief font:
http://desktoppub.ab...ts/hs/uc_jd.htm

According to a post at Ion Storm's forum, this font is for the original Thief games. You maybe all already had it/knew about it? (I know New Horizon already knows about it, but I hadn't seen it before.)

#2 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37380 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:19 PM

That's a thief font? Doesn't look like one to me. You can download the entire thief font package from the TTLG download section, somewhere. That's where I got it. You'll get three different versions of the main ("stop thief!") font, along with papyrus and a handwriting font for maps. May be another one or two as well, I can't remember.
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#3 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2550 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:30 PM

Hmm, something does look familiar about it to me. Maybe it was only used in certain books or certain notes lying around?

Here's the post I got it from:
http://forums.ionsto...ndpost&p=355674

#4 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13839 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:16 PM

Yup, that is a thief font. It's the original font used for letters, journals and books in the original games. It would be SWEET to use that in our mod.

I just modified Thief 3 with the original fonts for my Minimalist project.

Posted Image

The other original Thief font is called Carelton. It was used on the menu's and some other places in game.

Carleton

Posted Image

Edited by New Horizon, 16 September 2004 - 10:19 PM.

#5 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2550 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:51 AM

Excellent, NH! In comparing my Microsoft Word to the J.D. font on your screenshot, though, the spacing between characters seems to be closer in Word for some reason. Was this because of some of the issues you were having with character spacing that they're farther apart in your example? Regardless, good job on the minimalist project. I'll be sure to use it whenever I play TDS again.

PS: I tried to download that Charleton zip file, but I get an error. ("Server returned an invalid or unrecognized response.")

#6 pakmannen

pakmannen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1787 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 08:21 AM

Ah.. Carleton is one of my favourite fonts. :)
Oh, Darkness Falls, try this link: Thief fonts

Edited by pakmannen, 17 September 2004 - 08:27 AM.

#7 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37380 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:45 AM

Oh right, it was The Circle I got it from, not TTLG.

Edited by Springheel, 17 September 2004 - 11:54 AM.

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#8 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2550 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:37 PM

These are nice! Thanks for posting the link. I think having these will help us in the long run.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users