• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Demigod

Demigod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:33 AM

While I am aware of the many useful tutorials available for doom3 now it has been out for a few months, I wondered if you (darkmod team) will be producing your own? While I am aware that this will create certain levels of overlap it may be helpful to have a tutorial from inside the team to explain the nuances and differences of using the darkmod to create levels rather than vanilla doom3
Thanks

Looks cool btw. :D

#2 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:46 AM

Well, since we want to release the tools to the public to create their own FMs. we certainly have to create tutorials. But this has to wait until the tools are in a state where it makes sense to create tuts for them. Currently we are still in pretty basic stuff, even though we did some good progress so far.
Gerhard

#3 Demigod

Demigod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:14 AM

Thanks I should have clarified that I wondered if they would ship with the tools etc.

#4 oDDity

oDDity

Former Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:33 AM

Mapping for our mod will be pretty much the same to mapping for Doom anyway, you'll be using the same editor.
If you are familiar with DoomEdit and have made Thief fan missions in Dromed, then we won't be able to teach you much :ph34r:
Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.
- Emil Zola

character models site

#5 Demigod

Demigod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:57 AM

I meant things like surfaces for rope arrows is it just texture based or surface property?, water setup things that standard doom 3 doesnt normaly do. Shadow set up ie best examples stuff like that.

(sorry for the spelling Im rather ill atm and cant think right)

#6 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37756 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:48 PM

Don't worry, we'll be including full documentation for all the new stuff we come up with, and probably some basic mapping tutorials as well. That will be near the end of our list of 'things to do' though. :)
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#7 Fingernail

Fingernail

Mod Founder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:53 PM

Although there is a growing collection of documents and little bits of information as we add it together...but not much for the features in development.

#8 Renzatic

Renzatic

I <3 Kool-Aid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2314 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:09 AM

If I can't get my comp to play nice here soon I might end up writing a couple of tutorials on basic Radiant mapping. I've already done one on spiral staircases, and it'd be good for people considering moving from Dromed.

#9 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13902 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:14 AM

If I can't get my comp to play nice here soon I might end up writing a couple of tutorials on basic Radiant mapping. I've already done one on spiral staircases, and it'd be good for people considering moving from Dromed.

Hmmm, sounds like a good idea. We need to get our FM authors primed and ready so they can get to work upon release. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users