The Dark Mod Forums

Greetings.

BlackSanguine

Hello, The Dark Mod community.

I've been following this project for quite some time. I've played DooM since the Shareware release and I've only dove into stealth games since Thief 3: Deadly Shadows. Though, when playing tactical FPS, I'm usually the guy running around with a silenced weapon and smoke grenades. In 'D&D' and clones I'm always a stealth class.

Due to a nice dump of real life events I have now found myself with nothing but time and TDM is installing as I'm typing this. I'll be around, potentially until everyone in the community moves on.

av_blacksanguine.png

I feel abandoned, but it feels good.

Hello, The Dark Mod community.

I've been following this project for quite some time. I've played DooM since the Shareware release and I've only dove into stealth games since Thief 3: Deadly Shadows. Though, when playing tactical FPS, I'm usually the guy running around with a silenced weapon and smoke grenades. In 'D&D' and clones I'm always a stealth class.

Due to a nice dump of real life events I have now found myself with nothing but time and TDM is installing as I'm typing this. I'll be around, potentially until everyone in the community moves on.

Welcome!

Everything loaded fine. I'm a bit surprised as I've been having odd luck with Windows 7 lately. It's a lot more difficult than I expected. I haven't come close to completing any of the missions yet but I like a good challenge. After reading through some of the other posts here the only issues I have with it (though, give me a week to let the fact that this isn't Deadly Shadows sink in) are those that others have mentioned.

Those being:

The footfalls seem forced/loud.

Still getting used to the "Frobbing" & Controls. They seem a little stiff.

No 3rd person (I used this a lot, along with the wall hug)

Ambiance (Grandfather clocks don't tick?)

I found it really easy to get immersed into the world. I really like the fact that it's a challenge. I'm tired of hand-holding games.

I tend to get sucked into games I really like and their communities. I played Day of Defeat since the first public beta (0.9b I believe?). I stopped playing shortly after Source. A few Neverwinter Nights Persistant World servers and Classic DooM (3) I only bring this up because I've seen things go in several directions. Day of Defeat was it's best at beta 3.1 before Valve bought it. Some features were taken out (namely bleeding/bandaging which I thought significantly added to strategy and gameplay). I've seen changes made to things that I originally hated and ended up loving and vice versa. Blah blah blah blah blah.

All in all, I'd have to say that this is one of the most promising projects I've seen come along. Not only in a long while but in my gaming experience as a whole.

av_blacksanguine.png

I feel abandoned, but it feels good.

Sup BlackSanguine. Welcome the the forums!

Ha! So what if I am, huh? Anyways, I work better when I'm drunk. It makes me fearless! If I see a bad guy, I'll just point my sword at him. And saaaaaay "HEY! Bad guy! You're not s'pposed to be here! Go home or I'll stick you with my sword...'til you go...'Ouch I'm dead!' Ahahahah (hic) See? Ain't no one gonna be messin with old Benny."

Hi. The third person feature in TDS caused some problems movement-wise and it is very time-consuming and demanding to implement it, at least if you want to be able to switch between first and third person view. Also TDM mainly focuses on recapturing the classic thief experience and there is simply no place for third person view...

All information without engagement, I am just briefly reciting old posts here and I'm no team-member. ;-)