The Dark Mod Forums

Problem firing Arrows

loki

Having trouble shooting arrows anywhere but the training mission - well mostly once I get to the moss arrow / run blackjack - I cannot pull out my bow at all - but I'm not concerned with that so much as when in a mission I cannot fire a broadhead at all - other arrow types are ok. This is the error message I get - (number varies) - upon releasing the arrow it kicks me to the main menu with this showing:

GAME ERROR

Script Object 'TDM_RESULT_ARROW_TRAINING' not found on entity

'CProjectileResult_atdm:result_arrow_broadhead_training_874'.

OK

Clean install - everything else looks great :)

Win 7 64bit, i7 975, 6GigRAM, GTX 295, etc..

The computer specs are irrelevant in this case, there is a bogus def file somewhere in your install, which should not happen if you uninstalled the training mission and didn't mess around with extracting PK4 contents. Which FM do you have installed currently? Show me your darkmod/ folder and the current FM folder (both below Doom3).

Someone else had a very similar error which came from having some kind of French translation files:

- tdm_x_defs01_fr.pk4

- tdm_x_base01_fr.pk4

- tdm_x_gui01_fr.pk4

- tdm_x_game01_fr.pk4

Not too sure where they came from or anything - but you shouldnt be having this issue with vanilla files :)

Excellent - Thankyou :)

I had not been 'uninstalling' mods - just loading new overtop (assuming a clean uninst I guess) - and when I looked in the darkmod folder I had the fms folders with all the missions nicely arranged - and then each of the pk4's were again in the root - I removed those in the root (and the training mission which was a different size than the one I downloaded separately) - installed and uninstalled the training mission and that has resolved my issue completely :)

I must say - this is a very well done mod - everything works exactly as you would expect (and some excellent nostalgia) - object manipulation and the lockpicking + climbing + etc.. are all excellent - Huge kudos to the team and all the mods !

Is anyone aware if more missions are in development? - I assume they will be posted here just interested in what may be coming down the pipe.

Cheers

Excellent - Thankyou :)

I had not been 'uninstalling' mods - just loading new overtop (assuming a clean uninst I guess) - and when I looked in the darkmod folder I had the fms folders with all the missions nicely arranged - and then each of the pk4's were again in the root - I removed those in the root (and the training mission which was a different size than the one I downloaded separately) - installed and uninstalled the training mission and that has resolved my issue completely :)

Glad you resolved this!

I must say - this is a very well done mod - everything works exactly as you would expect (and some excellent nostalgia) - object manipulation and the lockpicking + climbing + etc.. are all excellent - Huge kudos to the team and all the mods !

Thanx! :wub:

Is anyone aware if more missions are in development? - I assume they will be posted here just interested in what may be coming down the pipe.

Cheers

Yeah, but I guess they will be announced when they are ready - but you will love them! :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Is anyone aware if more missions are in development?

How many have you played? A new one was just released days ago. :)

How many have you played? A new one was just released days ago. smile.gif

I've only just begun :) - grabbed the 14 or so existing (haven't completed any of the 3 I started - the arrow thing was bugging me) - and started rambling in my post - hadn't poked into the other forums yet regarding the releases.

Thanks for the replies :)