The Dark Mod Forums

Heart of Lone Salvation - Beta testers needed please.

Fidcal

Heart of Lone Salvation is a full-size mansion heist FM. Already had some pre-beta testing so should be fairly stable. Had one other play it through to completion without any help so it is do-able. I've played it through fully maybe 6 or 10 times. Allow at least 5 to 6 hours playtime. Just playable on low end machines but you'll need to play at low settings on Easy where there are fewer guards and be tolerant of a few dips in performance in some areas. I've played it often on an old FX5900 card.

Beta testers should have or get an account at http://shalebridgecradle.co.uk forums to give feedback.

Anyone interested please post in this thread so we can all see if there seems too few/many. ;)

Quad 8200; 8800; XPx86 SP3; 4GB

I'd love to do it.

But...

I'm not the ideal candidate (maybe, though, this can be a plus in a way for beta-testing diversity?) because I wouldn't want to rush through it; I'd rather enjoy it. So, this means I would likely hold up the process if you rely on me for a complete (i.e. "I've finished!") report quickly.

IOW, I'd love to get my hands on it and would definitely report back as much as possible, but I do not want to be the cause of any delay whatsoever in the actual release.

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

I'd be interested.

Playing style: Without my blackjack I feel naked :laugh:

Username on shalebridge is the same.

SystemSpec:

# CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Processor 4200+

# RAM: 2GB

# GPU: GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB

# OS: WinXP Pro SP3

OK. Thanks Chiron

Sorry for delay - been struggling with a glitch to do with switching from internal assets to using the released assets but think I now have the solution. Hope to have something ready within a few hours.

I'd be keen to help playtest this map

Core2Duo 2.53ghz

3gb ram

Radeon HD 3870

WinXP pro 32bit

Just registered an account at Shalebridgecradle, let me know if you need another tester.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Thanks both. I have 7 beta testers which is enough for now but I'll contact you if testing has to continue beyond one or two stages. :)

No problem, looking forwards to playing your map.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Not rushing anyone but can beta testers just confirm they are not having any access problems? All feedback is from ttlg players and none from here which is odd. I checked my link and it is OK. Maybe you missed the post? This forum no longer seems to show last unread properly. Maybe you are still playing without problems!

If there is any doubt, these are the users who have access:

aidakeeley

bikerdude

Chiron

Namdrol

These are happily playing...

jaxa

Neb

jugger

I am happy to report that I am happily playing!

And have had little (nothing beyond suggestions) to report in the way of problems with the mission as far as technically; but have already had some great fun dealing with the intended "problems"; been in situations that only TDM would allow for, transcending Thief!

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

• 9 months later...

Hmm, I am running into a problem. I just ran the Dark Mod updater and downloaded Heart of Lone Salvation. After mission load I crash with error in line 147. Anyone else see this problem?

I'm running Vista32/Nvidia 8800GTX as my 285 burned up :(, 4megs RAM, Q6600, no overclocking or such. I played through St. Lucias Tears with no problems...

Try posting in http://forums.thedarkmod.com/forum/58-tdm-tech-support/ and give details of the console error (if it was a console error.) You can dump the console output by entering condump console.txt. This is the map's old beta testing thread so likely many might not see your post.

The map itself has been well played by many so likely the error is in your TDM update or config. Make sure you've updated TDM fully as in the past we sometimes had conflict of files. The new updater is more robust I think though but if you should have some files from one update and some from another there might be a problem.

Try posting in http://modetwo.net/d...m-tech-support/ and give details of the console error (if it was a console error.) You can dump the console output by entering condump console.txt. This is the map's old beta testing thread so likely many might not see your post.

The map itself has been well played by many so likely the error is in your TDM update or config. Make sure you've updated TDM fully as in the past we sometimes had conflict of files. The new updater is more robust I think though but if you should have some files from one update and some from another there might be a problem.

Thanks,

I'm playing through No Honor among Thieves now, I'll get back to it and post the problem in the bug forum if it still is there. I wonder if the TDM update didn't fail...