The Dark Mod Forums

Bug: DR 1.2.1

Bikerdude

This is getting quite bloody annoying now, but when I select a brush DR is frequently sellecting all the brushes behind it.

Several times now I have to correct issues that I didn't even know I have made way after the event...

Is this going to be fixed in the next version..?

I have never used Shift Left Click as the default selector. It's a multi-selector. Too risky. If something else is selected I've forgotten about then more than one thing is selected without my realizing.

I always use Shift Alt Click to select which is what one is mostly doing - selecting one thing. I only use Shift Left Click to add to that selection.

I always use Shift Alt Click to select which is what one is mostly doing - selecting one thing. I only use Shift Left Click to add to that selection.

ditto. shift alt LMB is equal parts winnitude for default select single item AND spam click cycling through items that are on top of eachother in either grid or camera view.

ditto. shift alt LMB is equal parts winnitude for default select single item AND spam click cycling through items that are on top of each other in either grid or camera view.

its when I'm clicking on multiple items I'm having the problem.. just clicking on a single item while holding shift, DR then goes and bloody selects multiple random items behind it...

if that isnt a bug I dont know what as it dosent do it all the time...

Edited by Bikerdude

Can you set up a map showcasing that exact problem? With the camera position and angles showing right at the problematic area? Or is the problem intermittent?

We've had such problems in the past with release builds in Linux, due to optimisation problems and badly written code. I'm happy to look into it, but I need to know exactly what I must do to reproduce it.

Can you set up a map showcasing that exact problem? With the camera position and angles showing right at the problematic area? Or is the problem intermittent?

Its inter mittant, but I will make a basic map and see if it happens on that rather than a more complicated one..