Dark Radiant Editing Help

Fluffinster

FavoriteEditor  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better Doom 3 Editor or Dark Radiant Editor

• Doom 3 Editor
    • Dark Radiant Editor
    • I don't really map

Hi there everyone! Okay so I am new to editing and I need help with making a Doom 3 map on Dark Radiant

==First Question[Objectives]==

How do you make an objective like you go up to a door and then it give you an objective to find a key or sentry to unlock it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==Second Question[Animation Problem]==

Also, when I try to put monster_zombie_fat_eating when I play the map it says missing eating_arm animation how do I fix that

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==Third Question[Making Blood]==

I need help with putting blood like on the floors or walls because everything I do doesn't work how do I put it

==Fourth Question[sentry Bots]==

Also, how do you set a path for a sentry then have it go on that path for you to follow it and can you make it follow you with out a mod

Thanks! I will probably have lots more questions as I get to them smile.gif

-Fluffinster

Everyone is a newbie one time or another... Think about it

Also, when I try to put monster_zombie_fat_eating when I play the map it says missing eating_arm animation how do I fix that

Don't use Doom3 things in TDM :)

I need help with putting blood like on the floors or walls because everything I do doesn't work how do I put it

Try "Create decal" and then select a suitable texture.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

1. Create an invisible objective. Use a proximity trigger such as trigger_once or trigger_facing to a atdm:target_setobjective_visibility to show the objective.

3. Use one of the doom splat decals such as textures/decals/splat1. That is, make a patch and give it one of those textures.

4. No the sentry stuff no longer works in Dark Mod. Possibly a script might get an AI to follow the player or maybe a path corner attached to the player. To get an AI to lead the player probably get it to follow path corner to path corner with an unlinked wait at each one. Then there is an entity to change targets so it might need some proximity trigger attached to the AI or the path corners to change the targets to get the AI to wait if you're not within range. It would need a lot of working out though.

Ok, thanks for the replies so far, but here are some more questions.

==Fifth Question[Curves]==

Ok how do you curve walls like corner and curve so it is not just a 90 degree turn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==Sixth Question[Wall Crawling Monsters]==

How do make a monster such as an imp crawl on the wall or roof so for example you get to a

certain spot and an imp crawls from the roof and jumps on the ground or something like that

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks! More questions will be soon

-Fluffinster

Edited by Fluffinster

Curved walls are patches. See Wiki.

6- really seems like you are making a Doom map. So I don't know your best options here. Not every thing from Doom (like wall crawlers) works in TDM. And not everything TDM is Doom (readables). While the engine is improved a lot for TDM editing, I don't know if it's better for Doom maps for these reasons. Some stuff may/may not cross over.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Oh... But I have to use the dark radiant editor because my doom editor doesn't work so I HAVE to use it for my TDM and Doom 3 maps....

More questions soon

-Fluffinster

doom 3's editor is built into the doom 3 engine, unless you are using a hacked version where hackers usually remove the editor to cut down on size to download. And your map specific questions for doom 3 would be better asked at www.doom3world.org , where they would know what your talking about cause I dont.

Edited by stumpy

I know the editor is built in on Doom 3 but when I go on it it stops working and I don't have the hacked version I bought the game Doom 3 just doesn't like me

==Adding Blood==

I still can't put blood it just won't work... Does anyone have another way to do it?