The Dark Mod Forums

New Assignments

Springheel

These are models Tyrot had signed up for at one point. I don't know how many of these he is planning to finish, but if I haven't seen a screenshot, I'm assuming they are up for reassignment.

** - Noble Female -- http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showtopic=362

** - door handles/locks -- http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showtopic=779 --

** - Large chest --

** - Ring of keys

** Holy Water Flask -- -- Example

The door handles and the chest are probably the most significant ones. We already have one version of a noblewoman and some individual keys, and the holy water won't be in this milestone.

We do need working doorhandles and chests though, complete with animations.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good Diego. She's yours. Be gentle. ;)

Here's the concept art: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showtopic=362

Play up the young and pretty angle. Oddity has already done a more matronly, older noblewoman so we want the two to be distinctive.

Here's his version, just so you can compare: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showtopic=887

• 2 weeks later...

Check with DeepO...he didn't really specify which ones he wanted to work on. Though we can have several types of chest.

Hmmm. Wouldn't that be overkill? If we have the lid as a seperate object it would already work as it can be treated as a door object, which already work when being frobbed and also keys work on them. The only problem would be to get the axis right, so that it doesn't have clipping errors when it starts to rotate.

Gerhard

large generator? I finished all generators i started..if you was pointing at me..

i will start on a chest tomorrow

No, this one that tyrot was working on but never posted anything about.

http://208.49.149.118/TheDarkMod/Art-Conce.../generator2.jpg

He was making some changes and improvements to the design, but i have no idea how far he got before he left.

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!

Ahh, good call - make it like any other door. So, basically, like T3 chests instead of T2. In T2, opening a chest automatically picked up the loot, but in T3 it just revealed a compartment.

Yeah. That was the idea. I like chests to be a compartment, but I have no strong opinion about it. Doing it this way would not need require special treatment though and we already have the code in place. Only difference would be that doors usually rotate along the Z axis while chestlids would rotate around the X or Y axis, but that can be configured anyway because I implemented it in such a way that you can rotate doors around any angle you want. We only have to make sure that it looks good which means that the axis have to be properly aligned so the lid will not break through the body of the chest.

Gerhard

If this chest is used for anything, make note that there need to be handles on the lower half of the chest on the left and right sides (if facing the front), in order to be able to pick the whole chest up. *My bad* for not drawing them.

Chest-s.jpg

Be sure to keep the Pulp Fiction-like chest glow when used in-game. LOL, j/k.

Nice! One thing I might suggest, and I have no idea how to do this, is to make it look "okay" when the lid opens. ie, it should be able to rotate around some axis back there and not excessively clip the top lid into the back of the chest (or if it does it should still look relatively normal).

yes it will be normalled after finished..as you see its still in one piece so the top coildnt be rotated by scripts atm..

once i make that i will do the lowpoly version,improve the high so someone can uw/normal.

Edited by _Atti_

Nice! One thing I might suggest, and I have no idea how to do this, is to make it look "okay" when the lid opens. ie, it should be able to rotate around some axis back there and not excessively clip the top lid into the back of the chest (or if it does it should still look relatively normal).

Yeah. I already discussed that, but I guess we have to wait until we have it ingame and see how it looks. If it looks to artificial we might still go for an md5 animation sequence.

Gerhard